Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France Pilots Strike over Change in Age 60 Rule!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least we have hats . . .:rolleyes:

Look, d0uche- bags (there's a little French for you):

Do you ever wonder why there are so many foreign-born pilots flying in the US?

(evidently not)

Here's a little secret . . . it's because there is more opportunity to become a pilot in the USA . . . so, while you're rolling around in your miasma of self-pity and self-loathing, you might want to stop for a minute and think about what you would be doing if you had been born in France . . . because you likely would never have been able to become a pilot.

That explains all the pissed-off waiters in France- they all wanted to be pilots.

Bon apetite, MF! err . . mon frere :laugh:

Last edited:

Look, ****************************** bags (there's a little French for you):

(evidently not)

Here's a little secret . . . it's because there is more opportunity to become a pilot in the USA . . . so, while you're rolling around in your miasma of self-pity and self-loathing, you might want to stop for a minute and think about what you would be doing if you had been born in France . . . because you likely would never have been able to become a pilot.

That explains all the pissed-off waiters in France- they all wanted to be pilots.

Bon apetite, MF! :laugh:

Yeah, but if I was born in France, apparently I'd have more balls. Three, maybe four for starters.

The French have more balls than we do.

It gives new meaning to the thoroughly French phrase ... "Kiss my hairy bean bags!"

Everyone has more balls than we do. You know why? B/c compared to everyone else we take everything for granted and we will fu*** over our fellow pilot to get ahead. Plus we are lazier and all we do is complain but don't do anything about it.

Look, d0uche- bags (there's a little French for you):

(evidently not)

Bon apetite, MF! err . . mon frere :laugh:

You mean is a lot easier, because we have the lowest standards (both academic and medical) to obtain a pilots license here in the US

Ok, I had a pretty hard workout today, so I'm a bit fuzzy...

BUT if there's a strike going on, how do you operate half short-haul and up to 75 percent of long haul flights?

They got that many management pilots, or are scabs flying those flights?

Ok, I had a pretty hard workout today, so I'm a bit fuzzy...

BUT if there's a strike going on, how do you operate half short-haul and up to 75 percent of long haul flights?

They got that many management pilots, or are scabs flying those flights?

That might have been it or pilots might have been out of position when the strike started and needed to fly the return trip.

CNN has buried the story. I did find some video on it though.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bu...ermann.france.air.strike.cnn?iref=videosearch

wish i was an Air France pilot. $30,000/monthUSD to fly an A330 and they average only 65-75 hours of flight time. Imagine that, great pay and work rules....

hell yeah.

wish there was at least a hint of thoughts like that here. Course so many disruptive unions in the past have ruined our ability to strike "legally" but still, wish some of the airlines with younger pilot groups would have tried to raise a fuss.

Get the greedy bastards out of here. For now, enjoy 10 or so short years of healthy retirement. 10 years goes by quick.

Latest resources

Back