Air France is starting to buy Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heyas,

One thing you have to say about the Froggies, is that they KNOW how to strike. It's like the national sport over there or something.

Nu
you got that one right.
AF pilots strike and everyone else strike in solidarity.
That's why they're not afraid.maybe we can learn a thing or two from them.

Frenchies

you got that one right.
AF pilots strike and everyone else strike in solidarity.
That's why they're not afraid.maybe we can learn a thing or two from them.
Yeah...like how to fight with our feet and make love (wording to avoid filters, but you know the word) with our faces.:D

First of all, there is a limit, so Air France can't buy all of Delta. But, it is good to have rich friends, and ones with good credit.

Air France-KLM said to invest in Delta-Northwest
Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:48pm EST

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Air France-KLM Group (AIRF.PA: Quote, Profile, Research), Europe's biggest airline, plans to invest in a combined Delta Air Lines (DAL.N: Quote, Profile, Research) and Northwest Airlines (NWA.N: Quote, Profile, Research) carrier in exchange for a board seat, Bloomberg said on its Website on Wednesday.

The size of Air France's potential stake has not been set yet, Bloomberg said, citing people familiar with the matter.
Industry experts have been expecting Air France-KLM, which already has a marketing partnership with Delta and Northwest as part of SkyTeam global alliance, to provide strategic or financial help to the two U.S. airlines.
A Delta-Northwest combination would create the world's largest airline and keep the carriers in the 11-member SkyTeam Alliance with Air France. The alliance allows airlines to share codes and fly passengers via other carriers on the team.
SkyTeam's chairman and the Air France vice chairman, Leo van Wijk, said in January his Paris-based carrier would do "whatever is possible" to aid the merger.
A merger between Delta and Northwest could be announced in the next few weeks as Northwest pilots review details of a proposed deal, people briefed on the situation told Reuters on Monday.
Northwest's Air Line Pilots Association had been provided with details of what a combined carrier would look like, a person briefed said.
Delta and Northwest have agreed on major terms for a tie-up, including keeping Delta's name and Atlanta headquarters and having Delta Chief Executive Officer Richard Anderson run the combined carrier, Bloomberg said in its report.
The Wall Street Journal last month had reported that Air France-KLM could invest nearly $1 billion (509 million pounds) in a combined carrier, citing people familiar with the situation.
Separately, Air France-KLM also is in talks to buy Italian carrier Alitalia (AZPIa.MI: Quote, Profile, Research).
Air France, Delta and Northwest did not immediately return calls for comment.
(Editing by Carol Bishopric)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Kind of like Lufthansa and Jetblue huh general? Oh, that's right, you'll put your spin on it that it's a great deal for you and a bad deal for all the Jetblue pilots cause your are always right. Nothing bad's gonna happen to the Delta guys cause your union told you so.......dare to dream

Kind of like Lufthansa and Jetblue huh general? Oh, that's right, you'll put your spin on it that it's a great deal for you and a bad deal for all the Jetblue pilots cause your are always right. Nothing bad's gonna happen to the Delta guys cause your union told you so.......dare to dream

Where can Lufthansa exploit the Jetblue deal? In JFK? They have 3 flights a day there. BOS? They can't park in the Jetblue terminal thanks to no customs there. Where else? Come on genius, tell me how that one will work out, because you may be the only one who has figured it out. Delta can fly from all over to Air France's CDG hub, and bring connections (we are adding a SLC-CDG this Summer for example). Jetblue can.....can.....now never go INTL. Don't worry, Lufthansa will handle that for you. Your A330 dreams are now over. I'd bring that up with your un.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey genius general,

You are SOOO smart, i figured as much from you, another spin to show how smart your management is. Yeah, the same guys that bankrupt the airline. Oh yeah, I forgot your union is gonna save you. Keep believin it, and keep dreamin on how your gonna screw the NWA guys if the merger happens cause your union is gonna stick it to them because of their crappy pay and airplanes bring nothing to the table according to you. Your a freakin genius....

Hey genius general,

You are SOOO smart, i figured as much from you, another spin to show how smart your management is. Yeah, the same guys that bankrupt the airline. Oh yeah, I forgot your union is gonna save you. Keep believin it, and keep dreamin on how your gonna screw the NWA guys if the merger happens cause your union is gonna stick it to them because of their crappy pay and airplanes bring nothing to the table according to you. Your a freakin genius....

The management is the same? Really? I thought most of our management was replaced? Yes, yes they were. You continually come up with nonsense, and it shows. Actually, you sound drunk above. Really, you need to enter Rehab with Britney.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You sound like an idiot.....Typical respnse from you...Mr. know-it-all.

For some reason you can't rebutt anything I say. It sure makes it seem like I am a know it all, since you can't refute it. Please tell me where I am wrong above. Please.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yup, it must be nice not to have the Railway Labor Act.
Yup,because they strike to force the senat to back off from passing this into law.
Don't think a second the french gorvernment and corporation are labor friendly.they would love to have the leeway corporate America have in hiring/firing workers.but french workers would bring corporations to their knees before giving away what they hardly fought for.

Latest resources

Back