Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LETTER ON WHETHER TO BECOME AN AIR FORCE PILOT...... OR A NAVAL
AVIATOR......

P.S.: Air Force pilots wear scarves and iron their flight suits.

Very true SIG, except I've never worn a scarf and I will never iron my flight suit!!

Thanks SIG, very informative. I tried the search function and didn't find anything as good as that post.

Navy vs. Air Force

If you are seriously considering joining the Navy hoping to fly, realize that approx. 50% of Navy pilots are Helicopter pilots. If you are a good stick and study in primary, you should be able to get fixed wing: P3s, E6s, E2/C2, or Fighters. However, you never know. One week, there may only be helo slots available. Another week, you may get lucky and there may be a couple fighter slots open. Its kind of a crapshoot.

Not sure how the air force works, but I know for a fact that the AF has very few helos and you most likely would not fly a Helo in the AF.

If you are deadset on flying fighters only, and don't care to land on moving deck at night the size of what looks like a postage stamp, look into joining an Air National Guard fighter unit.

-SW

P.S. Landing on the boat is pretty cool.

And that "girl" happens to be a 15 year old boy...but you don't care after 6 months on a boat.

For the record, I got separated from the group, I was really thirsty, and I just needed a beer. But, I was only drunk enough to sit in that bar for 2 maybe 3 beers before I figured it out. I miss Walking Street.

Very true SIG, except I've never worn a scarf and I will never iron my flight suit!!

Never thought you did.... there is a Korean shop outside of every USAF/USA base that will sew on your decorations, steam your ascot and iron your bag. No doubt she is some tanker pilots mother in law!

Love that kimchi!!

Latest resources

Back