Air Force vs. Navy flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SAR,

You mentioned I should get a better writer. Let me know when yours get out of the third grade and I will put him to work.

(Is that a better comeback?)

Thanks all for the information. The Air Guard may be a viable option...the only problem then is getting my foot in the door to begin with. My main concern with any branch is signing up with the intent to fly and ending up with a desk job or other non-flying position.

True to an extent. As long as you're not a ****************************** and can shut up and color (fly the way they tell you, and never EVER say "in my civilian days") you'll smoke primary, and they will find/make a spot for you in TACAIR.

Are you talking Navy or Air Force?

Let me get my can opener here and really open up this mess-

As a navy bubba who has a been exposed to a lot of USAF aviation (as a result of being based at a few USAF bases for long periods of time), my experience has been the navy brass have the attitude of "tell me why we can't do this" whereas USAF brass have the attitude of "tell me why we should do this and let's spend many meetings talking about how we should go about doing this and maybe we will find a reason that will prevent us from doing this."

There, that should spawn at least a dozen more posts. Dave, I am counting on you to be one of them and I hope that it will be yet another witty P-3 crack. I always piss myself when you make fun of us. You're the best.

Latest resources

Back