• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Cargo Carriers interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand if your a little dissapoint that you didnt get the job with Air Cargo, but all of your complaints seem like they stem from your lack of skills in the simulator. I understand if you got bad vectors and that the sim sucks donkey balls because its handles bad, but the rest of your complaints hold no ground.

1. Nobody flies single pilot IFR without an autopilot.....Have you ever heard of AmFlight. They fly Beech 99's and Beech 1900's single pilot without an auto pilot, hmmm....wierd. Everytime i see those guys land they seem to have there gear down, and I bet its not because there is a midget thats jumps out from the back when they forget their gear.

2. The simulator is not realistic for the job......Chatauqua interviews in a PCATD that handles badly and they put you through an emergency. You had to fly an ILS on microsoft flight sim, and they make you fly a single engine ILS and go missed. Don't they fly ERJ's.....with 2 pilots? Hmmm...wierd again.

Sorry to bash you, but venting over a bad interview by complaining on flightinfo is no way get a job, especially when it was your fault the interview went bad. Plenty of pilots with half the time the were just flight instructors go through that interview and do very well. You seem to have turbine time and a decent amount of experience so don't expect to get coddled and told to go around when you forget the gear. If I were in your place I would apply to a FED EX Feeder that flys caravans (they have fixed gear) until you catch on to the 'gear down three green' thing or keep flyin that fixed gear Islander.

I think its a good company to work for (thats not the corporate koolaide talking) because the people are nice and the flyings fun. Im saying that and I make enough just to stay homeless, so yah I would be mad if I messed up too. Suck it up and reapply or rock on flyin the caravans.

I am surprised that you were able to read it. Because right after I wrote it I erased it. And i did it for that reason, I did not want anyone to think I was complaining, because I was not. I just had a question at the end that I geniuly wanted answered. And that you did not answer. I did not ask you to comment about my flying capabilities, so keep your comments to yourself because I don't give a rats a** about what you think in regards to that. And yes indeed, it seems like a good company and the ACC pilots I met are a great bunch. Asking a question does not mean I am saying that they are not a good bunch.

But that's why erased it, so that half-brain pilots like you don't take it in the wrong way. And you are sorry that you are bashing me? If you are sorry then why are you bashing? Well I am bashing you in return, and guess what, I don't feel sorry. Since you replied, I have to post the question again, for other users with some BRAINS that may have an answer:

Here was my question:

Why is Air Cargo Carriers testing your single pilot IFR abilities, and any other company for that matter that only fly 2 crew aircraft, when you are going to be in a CRM environement? Why don't they pair you up with someone and put you in situation and see how you use your CRM skill? for example like PSA and ASA does. What is going to come up in the single pilot IFR flight test that is going to tell them what kind of pilot the candidate is in a 2 crew cockpit? Anyone other than Skybox with an answer?

Last edited:
and by the way, since you fly corporate, maybe I'll refresh your memory about 135 regs . . . Any US Operator flying an airplane IFR under a 135 or 121 certificate requires either an autopilot or an SIC . . . get your facts checked.

Elzie 7

I suggest you check the regs. I fly single pilot 135 everynight with no autopilot. I suggest you grow up and go flight instruct for awhile and earn your stripes. Nobody gives them to you. Trust me.....with your time.....you have not experienced much just sittin in the right seat.

Ellie,

You have a point about the multi crew CRM etc, but I don't think they were soo much after evaluating your single pilot IFR skills but more just a basic general IFR procedures check. Their sim ride fit that requirement.

From memory they didn't give you any emergencies to deal with as they know you will be a two crew cockpit and so will cover that elsewhere.

Maybe if you ran down the jist of your experience we could give some feedback.

On the plus side there are lots of opportunities out there and every interview is an experience that one can learn and take something from for the next one!

Elie7Elie said:
and by the way, since you fly corporate, maybe I'll refresh your memory about 135 regs . . . Any US Operator flying an airplane IFR under a 135 or 121 certificate requires either an autopilot or an SIC . . . get your facts checked.
Dang, then my former 135 employer was in violation of the regs since NONE of our planes had autopilots and we flew single-pilot...

NOT!

Oh, what's that 135 reg you're quoting??? You know, because you're such an expert.

Why don't YOU get your facts checked before making yourself look like an ass.

Rant over...

HMM

Last edited:
Elie7Elie said:

I love this stuff. The young pilot just needs a little more instruction prior to being removed from the tit.

If you refer to 135.105 it will REFER YOU TO 135.99 which may help the "tit removal process".

STUDY my friend. It will payoff someday for ya.

Later

135.101 Except as provided in 135.105, no person may operate an aircraft carrying passengers under IFR unless there is a second in command in the aircraft.

(a) Except as provided in 135.99 and 135.111, unless two pilots are required by this chapter for operations under VFR, a person may operate an aircraft without a second in command, if it is equipped with an operative approved autopilot system and the use of that system is authorized by appropriate operations specifications.

(b) The certificate holder may apply for an amendment of its operations specifications to authorize the use of an autopilot system in place of a second in command.

rway36, why don't you go back to school and learn you regs, and perhaps I'll be your flight instructor ;)

HowlingMadMurdoc, your previous company must have been an all cargo operations, strictly VFR operations, or in violation.

Latest resources

Back