• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Cargo Carriers interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't mean to be a dick, but what you wrote sounds an awful lot like many NTSB reports I've read. Pilot got behind the aircraft and forgot the checklist, rushed to catch up and bent airplane.

Could you have told the controller/interviewer you needed a turn in the hold to breif the approach? I do think you have to get over the no SIC/Autopilot gripe. I know more than one guy flying single pilot in metros, be-99's, 1900's, and king airs.

Elie7Elie said:
According the the gouges and the sim profile,

Wheelsup, did I call you names? Why are you calling me by names then?
You seem to live and die by these gouges. What happens in the real world when something doesn't happen per profile or as planned? You have to adapt and be more flexible - when I went for the ACC interview there was no gouge, and I think it helped. There is now because I had them added to aviationinterviews.com - to help out people such as yourself - looks like it backfired...

And I'm sorry for calling you a whiny b!tch. You are a whiny person.

~wheelsup

Elie7Elie

For the love of God, give it a rest! You're digging yourself deeper and deeper into a hole.

Time for some constructive criticism. Honestly, I don't think you're ready for the 135 world yet. Get more experience (like another 300 hrs) flying the 61/91 world. As others have posted, you are showing inexperience in effectively handling changes and being flexible.

Like Ernest Gann wrote in "Fate is the Hunter", In this game, we play for keeps. You have GOT to know your stuff without having an attitude!

Elie7Elie said:
Well, yeah, in real life, for 135 I would either have an autopilot, or an SIC that would take over flying so I can look over the approach.

One more thing, you need to eliminate the fixation you possess regarding SIC/Autopilot. What are you going to do if hired at a 135 operator that flies single-pilot with no autopilot? It's IMPERATIVE you develop the necessary skills of being able to fly single-pilot otherwise you'll never make in the 135 single-pilot world nor will many Captains want to fly with you in a 135 crew environment.

Also, you'd be well-advised to listed to T-Gates. He knows what he's talking about.

HMM

"It's never going to end because you sound like a whiny b!tch."
~wheelsup

"And I'm sorry for calling you a whiny b!tch. You are a whiny person."
~wheelsup

This is gettin funny......someone take that shovel away from Elie7Elie

Last edited:
Elie7Elie:

look at it this way--(here is the positive side) acc may not have picked you up now but gave you an opportunity to reapply and debriefed you. hopefully the info you posted will be helpful to some other guys interested in acc.

(outside of box thinking)--i bet you never again in your career forget to drop the gear; single pilot or crew. better to have made the mistake in the sim. where noone gets hurt but your pride. best of luck.

johnny
live from south louisville minimum security lock-up

Latest resources

Back