Air 360, or Cargo 360..?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EMB Skillz said:
I will gladly pay for it to get a job on a 747.

And that is one of the problems with the current industry.

Well....since I work for the "competition", you might want to consider this no more than urban legend. And I will be upfront and say the following info has not been verified by me. And also, I am way too lazy to try.

But I pulled on to the "R" ramp in ANC last week twice. Both times there was a cargo 360 with stretched upper deck sitting there. Apparently, they pulled in with a load and got caught by the FAA with a surprise inspection on their weight and balance and cargo loading.

It was so bad the airplane was shut down and the cargo unloaded and another (ahem) company flew their freight. I guess they didn't feel that having a few loadmasters on the payroll was worth it.

But...maybe just urban legend.

Oh that's what means the 743 they have parked at that weird place?
I didn't know this detail but when I arrived in PANC yesterday everyone notice them parked in a different place for a cargo plane.

ironspud said:
Well....since I work for the "competition", you might want to consider this no more than urban legend. And I will be upfront and say the following info has not been verified by me. And also, I am way too lazy to try.

But I pulled on to the "R" ramp in ANC last week twice. Both times there was a cargo 360 with stretched upper deck sitting there. Apparently, they pulled in with a load and got caught by the FAA with a surprise inspection on their weight and balance and cargo loading.

It was so bad the airplane was shut down and the cargo unloaded and another (ahem) company flew their freight. I guess they didn't feel that having a few loadmasters on the payroll was worth it.

But...maybe just urban legend.

I've got a hard time believing that a company is that reckless and arrogant, and would risk the lives of their aircrews like that . . . . . . . or, maybe I would these days.

Draginass said:
I've got a hard time believing that a company is that reckless and arrogant, and would risk the lives of their aircrews like that . . . . . . . or, maybe I would these days.

Probably just "growing pains".

I have seen there 747 parked on the ramp at Boeing Field for the last few months. I thought it was parked untill they got up and started but it sounds like they have started and been stopped, by the feds!

Last edited:
I spoke with one of their employees about 3 weeks ago and they were just gearing up for proving runs. If his schedule stayed intact, they would have started the runs about the fourth week of April. I don't know how fast you can get your proving runs done, but with that type of operation I would think it wouldn't be this soon. That would also be the reason for the Feds hanging around I would assume, but I don't really know. I agree with Draginass, I don't believe any company would be that reckless and negligent especially the guys running this place.

Draginass said:

Or maybe they are just doing their FAA Proving Flights and going through a lot of "test" scenarios. They are not certified yet...

Latest resources

Back