• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIN on Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry it took so long, I got a hold of someone at PIE. The first interview session is scheduled for March 30. Invitations to that event have been sent out to the pilots who received and passed the phone interview already. I was told that some delays occurred from receiving over 2,000 resumes during the two weeks they accepted resumes. They wanted to be fair and review all of them. Also they have made improvements to the training program and are/were waiting on FAA approval or authorization or something.

Waco...let me simplify it since my wording confused you. We took off with the oil pressure barely in the green....which is safe and legal. The few days prior I had noticed it in the lower green arc each day, and it was trending worse each day even though it was still legal. I checked the flight log to see how it had been trending with the crew prior to us. The trend was down. Maintenance said keep flying it.

On the day where I took the picture and video, we took off "barely" in the green. At a point during cruise the needle finally crept into the yellow. I don't have the EMERGENCY Checklist in front of me but I think it says to bring the props back to 1100 RPM (I typo-ed 1700 above). It does NOT say to land the aircraft immediately. Thus, we didn't. Maintenance was informed about the situation when we landed. As the oil gets hot, it gets thinner. You should know this by now. That would cause the oil pressure to slip into the yellow after operating a while. The company asked us to keep flying the plane. I never said we did or we didn't. You made that part up on your own. I "simply" said that we were asked to keep flying. You can fill in the story any way you want to.

On another flight into SUS we landed with a broken #1 Gyro. It was already dark and we were supposed to be getting fuel and continue on to TEB. The broken Gyro not only gave us irroneous "greasy side down" info, but it disabled the altitude hold function of the autopilot, which keeps us from flying into RVSM airspace. The company was informed, yet they asked us to continue the flight into TEB with the broken Captains Gyro, under RVSM airspace. The Captain mentioned it to me and I refused, just as he did. Bottom line....your company asked us to fly another illegal plane. The funny thing is, while we were going back and forth with the company about it, the passengers called FLOPS or FLEX (I forget which one) and had a jet come pick them up. Never have I said anyone flew illegal. You keep making that part up, just like you keep making up that you are making a profit. I have said that your company askes pilots on a regular basis to fly broken, illegal planes.

Trust me bro.......I am glad I am gone too! Peace.

So sad. You are still reliving this episode as though it happened yesterday. You are still so fixated on this thing that you continue to visit this damn forum day after day, hour after hour.

Let it go. For god's sake, stop embarassing yourself here. It's pathetic and painful to watch.

Actually, he last posted here twelve days ago. I think he did let it go. So let it go. (usually I love your posts.)

Gawd....I'm in the Bahama's for a week on vacation and I come back and you guys are STILL obsessed with me? Get a woman....they are more fun!

I think we have to hire soon, as we have just acquired some new aircraft, and we have lost five guys due to retirement and recalls.

And if you count those pilots who left Avantair to become Flight Instructors and Bartenders.....that is even MORE openings.....great news for those 2,000 applicants.

Latest resources

Back