• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIN article on Netjets Consolidation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am on your side believe me. And if your right I will buy you a steak on I 10 some where. But i just can't see it.

I'm STILL waiting for the bottle of Cabernet from November.......;)

We are swimming in uncharted waters now.

If you all haven't noticed, I've been very quiet on all this. That's because QOL is correct... Nobody knows what the next move is going to be, and speculating only causes anxiety. Go mow the grass or work on your golf game....

WP

And if you fly for NJI you better register with NJASAP! I'm tired of telling you knuckle heads.

And besides Obama did not win the election. I am just still sleeping and jetlaged as soon as I wake up it will be chilly outside and the election will still be two weeks away. I am not in denial. ;)

You won't wake up from that nightmare for about another three and a half years.....

Do you GOP dorks have to turn every thread political?

Obama SAVED us from Bush. The previous administration left us so close to the edge of the abyss it would scare you silly. I'm not saying Obama saved us, but McCain would have drove us off the edge with more of the same GOP agenda. So, in the sense that Obama won and prevented the GOP from advancing more of the status quo, I guess Obama did save us.

You would ALL be out of a job if the GOP won. The super rich are only super rich if the poor give them their money. In the big picture view, Bush saved America by being so bad that Obama HAD to win.

How do you not see that? Pure racism? Ignorance? TV stuck on Fox?

I do not turn these threads political. I just respond in defense to those that attack, without cause, the Dems for the problems obviously caused by the GOP.

Only a few know what will happen and until they release the grand plan we just drive on.

I don't think they even know yet.

Here's my take...
RS says flying is down 26% or the equivalent of 700 pilots, and we get around 600 pilots worth in voluntary measures. That leaves an overstaffing of 100, not assuming a pickup in flying, which I think has occurred.

Furloughing 100 pilots is simply not economically feasible unless greater numbers are foreseen or the furlough is very long, also devastating to morale...it won't happen. Furloughing more than that could cause understaffing problems in the very near future.

HR is notoriously bad at predicting pilot staffing requirements. You simply need to look at furloughs and hiring patterns at the airlines. The only company that hasn't had issues is WN, the only company that hasn't furloughed!

My prediction: no furloughs, and hiring by the end of next year...count on it!!!

So if NetJets lost all this money and Rich is now out the door, what happens to the business model? What happens to Marquis? I can't help but wonder if the next moves (besides the inevitable cost cutting) will be around product offerings....

Ahh, but what do I know.

Do you GOP dorks have to turn every thread political?

Obama SAVED us from Bush. The previous administration left us so close to the edge of the abyss it would scare you silly. I'm not saying Obama saved us, but McCain would have drove us off the edge with more of the same GOP agenda. So, in the sense that Obama won and prevented the GOP from advancing more of the status quo, I guess Obama did save us.

You would ALL be out of a job if the GOP won. The super rich are only super rich if the poor give them their money. In the big picture view, Bush saved America by being so bad that Obama HAD to win.

How do you not see that? Pure racism? Ignorance? TV stuck on Fox?

I do not turn these threads political. I just respond in defense to those that attack, without cause, the Dems for the problems obviously caused by the GOP.

This is the most glaring piece of ignorance that I've seen in a long time.

What makes you think either of the two had any influence on our current circumstance? (Please provide some resources in your answer.)

The President of the United States is the most expendable person in the World!!! You can simply remove them, replace them with another warm body, and the good old USA keeps ticking along. This was proven with the assassination of JFK.

This isn't a dictatorship, and when it comes to overall policy we don't have one guy running the ship. We have a whole country of citizens guiding its course. So, if you want someone to blame for the failings of the US, then look no further than your closest mirror.

Remember...with liberty comes responsibility. If this nation ever decides to fix itself, the people need to take responsibility for their actions.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back