• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age and regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess I am just confused about what the regionals want, see I thought it was quality time rather than quantity. But if they want to hire a cfi with 1500 hrs and no real world experience then ha by all means, I just think there should be a little more consideration and everything shouldn't be so black and white. Let me explain my time and why I have it, I guarantee they wouldn't think bad of it. Just my thought

Last edited:
idratherfly4283 said:
Go ahead and toss it, I earned it fair and square with hard work, I would say to you you are missing out on a good pilot

ok, I'm bored and I'll bite. Interviewer asks, tell me about your 60 hours of Turbine PIC time. Lets hear your response Young Jedi.

Don't worry about it. Apply anywhere and everywhere, and if you get called to an interview, be prepared to defend your logbook and your experiences. Hopefully, you won't need to - many airlines will see your times and ask you about it, but don't be defensive. Explain to them your varied work experiences *and what you learned about flying from them* and I'm sure you'll be fine. I've seen great pilots completely fark up interviews because of nerves, so be yourself, be honest, and you'll be alright.

BTW - I knew a guy flying skydivers in a C-90 and another guy in a twotter at age 22 with under 1000 TT...just because it may not be "normal" doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Lequip said:
ok, I'm bored and I'll bite. Interviewer asks, tell me about your 60 hours of Turbine PIC time. Lets hear your response Young Jedi.

Perhaps he got to fly a King Air 90 with the owner, and the owner stuck him in the left seat and let him fly it. Since he is rated in catagory, class, and type if required (which it isn't), then he can log PIC time for all the time he is flying the airplane. Insurance requires the owner to be there, but that isn't the FAAs concern.

Two of my friends who used to work at our old flight school got a few dozen hours of King Air 90 time this way. Both are now at airlines.

FYI: It's already been established that Lequip is a douchebag on several other threads.
What this turd says on here can pretty much be completely excluded from your field of vision. Much like when you dodge dog sh!t on a stroll through the park.

Apply several places. Walk it in when you are able to. Face to face is priceless. Also, be personable in your Cover Letter. Take the time to write an individual one for each company, they know a form letter when they see one, wether it's a LOR or a Cover letter.

T-Hawk

Quality vs. Quantity

idratherfly4283 said:
I guess I am just confused about what the regionals want, see I thought it was quality time rather than quantity. But if they want to hire a cfi with 1500 hrs and no real world experience then ha by all means, I just think there should be a little more consideration and everything shouldn't be so black and white. Let me explain my time and why I have it, I guarantee they wouldn't think bad of it. Just my thought

Read the man's A/c experience...BE-350...at least read the Info before you come up with the Hypothetical!

It all comes out in the SIM eval! TRUST ME!

We at PSA, do read between the lines, It's not all black and white!
I said Quality in a PM...If you can fly the sim, I could care less if you have 10K hours!
Good Luck,
PSACPSP

Id definately say dont give up. I was hired by Mesaba in January after just turning 22 with 1100tt

Most of my time was CFII work and some MEI time with about 200 hours of DNR fire spotting time.

Do you have a degree?

Keep updating. Mesaba is poised for some positive movement. Theres a good chance you'll fly the CRJ if you are hired now.

Good luck!

idratherfly-

where are all the places (121 and 135) you have applied to and if all of them offered jobs, how would you rank them and why.... i'm interested in what younger people in the industry consider the "better" places to work. you can PM me the info if you don't want people to flame you (which they will, no matter what you say)

Latest resources

Back