• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For crying out loud...when are people going to realize that they are not guaranteed a job?

If they don't need the current number of employees, no matter what job they perform, the employer has the right to reduce the workforce to match up with the current level of business.

I don't expect a guaranteed job. What I do expect is competent leadership to manage the company without sqandering hard-earned money on unneeded perks, bonuses and waste. That isn't too much to ask...For Crying Out Loud.

Last edited:
For crying out loud...when are people going to realize that they are not guaranteed a job?

If they don't need the current number of employees, no matter what job they perform, the employer has the right to reduce the workforce to match up with the current level of business.
This is why Pilots need to make $250K as a minimum wage ... Reducing the workforce is a recurrent problem in aviation due to inept managements....

The we could all work 20 years and retire at 40ish ....

Last edited:
I don't expect a guaranteed job. What I do expect is competent leadership to manage the company without sqandering hard-earned money on unneeded perks, bonuses and waste. That isn't too much to ask...For Crying Out Loud.

Domestically, there was a decline of close to 30% in flight hours from 2007 and we have recovered a small portion of that thru 12/31/2010. There's simply no demand for the same number of pilots as there was a few years ago. Management and other employees shouldn't be wasting dough, but even if they do, that doesn't change the demand equation one bit. "Waste", as you use term, includes excess personnel at all levels.

Nobody enjoys shrinking a work force as it indicates one of two things...the first is that they over hired in the first place...the second is the demand for the product has decreased. Neither one is pleasant.

Domestically, there was a decline of close to 30% in flight hours from 2007 and we have recovered a small portion of that thru 12/31/2010. There's simply no demand for the same number of pilots as there was a few years ago. Management and other employees shouldn't be wasting dough, but even if they do, that doesn't change the demand equation one bit. "Waste", as you use term, includes excess personnel at all levels.

Nobody enjoys shrinking a work force as it indicates one of two things...the first is that they over hired in the first place...the second is the demand for the product has decreased. Neither one is pleasant.
thank you a nice touch of reality for FI

Yep-welcome to the commoditization of the industry. Much like the 121 industry, people are becoming more and more interested in price. It's going to be difficult to survive long term if pricing is out of line with the competition. Sokol is realizing this. I would guess that every charter, frax is bombardiing nj owners with price differential materials as for them, they are the "low hanging fruit (i.e. identified, qualified, and ripe for the picking, price wise).

you're 100 low on that #. It was 495. I'm one of 'em.

yep pecked it out too quick and I think the "300" drew my attention away ;)

495 is the label, but think it turned out to be 482 or sumthin...

Latest resources

Back