• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get over it, guys. Age 65 caused less disruption to careers than Deregulation did. Think of all the consolidation, companies going bankrupt (some out of business, some just dumping debt and pensions), others starting up, commuter partners, etc. Total lack of stability in the industry. Race to the bottom in salaries and working conditions.

My point is, quit worrying about history. You can't change it. Look to the threats on the horizon and there are plenty. I'll let you consider what would hurt you most.
Helm

I completely disagree. Think of how many people on the bottom you guys are F@@king over. The flight instructors, regional airline SIC's, etc, etc. No consideration is being given to the people starting off in this career.

Retire at 60 you mofo's

I completely disagree. Think of how many people on the bottom you guys are F@@king over. The flight instructors, regional airline SIC's, etc, etc. No consideration is being given to the people starting off in this career.

Retire at 60 you mofo's

Nice way to win friends and influence people.

Do you really believe what you wrote?

Gotta disagree with you there. Out of the extra possible five years, three of those will be spent in the lesser paying right seat, if not more due to the stagnation.

The truth of the matter is that when age 65 came down the hill, it created a few new groups of pilots. Captains who are happy they get to spend another five years in the seat, captains who are pissed they HAVE to spend another five years in the seat, and FOs who are pissed we had to spend another 3-5 in the cheap seat hearing a member of one of the previous groups complain for hours on end about the subject du-jour while pretending to listen.

I agree 100 percent with you here!

Have you ever taught people to fly and or been an SIC making 20G a year?

Nope...but I've pitched cow manure, baled hay, milked cows, and slopped hogs for $1/day plus room and board.

Maybe it is time to think of a new career if you this unhappy.

Nope...but I've pitched cow manure, baled hay, milked cows, and slopped hogs for $1/day plus room and board.

Maybe it is time to think of a new career if you this unhappy.

Gret has never done anything wrong in her/his entire life! Perfection!

You'd figure that someone that has picked up cow******************** would understand that this is a free country and I'm allowed to have an opinion.

Last edited:
Close, but no cigar. My wife criticized me once, then admitted she made a mistake.

As one man with supreme intellect said on this board, the supply of pilots today is more than the what the market needs, which results in no need for pilot salaries to increase. If one person doesn't want to do the job for the money offered, then somebody else will. If you're unhappy, do something about it and get a new career where demand exists and salaries are higher.

I don't like it any better than anybody else, but it is a fact, it is real, and it is right now. Taking pot shots at people who have a wealth of experience, knowledge, and did their time is silly and disrespectful. They, in most cases, deserve their position in the workplace and we should learn from them...and I'm not close to 60.

Close, but no cigar. My wife criticized me once, then admitted she made a mistake.

As one man with supreme intellect said on this board, the supply of pilots today is more than the what the market needs, which results in no need for pilot salaries to increase. If one person doesn't want to do the job for the money offered, then somebody else will. If you're unhappy, do something about it and get a new career where demand exists and salaries are higher.

I don't like it any better than anybody else, but it is a fact, it is real, and it is right now. Taking pot shots at people who have a wealth of experience, knowledge, and did their time is silly and disrespectful. They, in most cases, deserve their position in the workplace and we should learn from them...and I'm not close to 60.

Well I guess you haven't kept up with the times. Most of the majors are starting to hire now and the forecast is for many many pilot retirements over the next 5 to 7 years. USAIR alone is predicting 350 ish a year retirements for the next 5 years. Its expensive now to learn how to fly and many flight schools have closed. We could very well have a pilot shortage in as soon as 5 years from now. More retirements would only help pilots in the future.

...... just saying.....

Latest resources

Back