Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, I have made much less then 20K a year

carrying an M-16.

I know alot of guys at Netjets that have gone from furlough to furlough and corporate flight department closures one after another, to where they are now at Netjets;

In there mid 50's, (or above) with very limited assets.

Even you young guys just got mashed in 2008 and 9 right? How far did that set you back as far as income planning?

Oh well, no matter, we don't have age 65 at the FRAX and likely never will.

For me personally, I hope the hell I am retired by 65.

If you wanted my seat you should have come to Netjets in 2002. If you didn't, how is that my fault?

There is alot going on these days, I for one am saving every nickel I can get, and looking for part time work and a business as well.

As I have said before, nobody knows what the future may hold. Don't try to come up with yet another rule that may screw you in the end?

Genius's like you should be in the back of the airplane, whats the deal?

carrying an M-16.

I know alot of guys at Netjets that have gone from furlough to furlough and corporate flight department closures one after another, to where they are now at Netjets;

In there mid 50's, (or above) with very limited assets.

Even you young guys just got mashed in 2008 and 9 right? How far did that set you back as far as income planning?

Oh well, no matter, we don't have age 65 at the FRAX and likely never will.

For me personally, I hope the hell I am retired by 65.

If you wanted my seat you should have come to Netjets in 2002. If you didn't, how is that my fault?

There is alot going on these days, I for one am saving every nickel I can get, and looking for part time work and a business as well.

As I have said before, nobody knows what the future may hold. Don't try to come up with yet another rule that may screw you in the end?

Genius's like you should be in the back of the airplane, whats the deal?

I actually agree with 95 percent of your comments here! I know there are a few that have to work for various reasons. I can understand that.

Have you ever taught people to fly and or been an SIC making 20G a year?

No, I was a Navy 0-1 trying to support a family on $900 a month BEFORE taxes. Wait your turn.

I was doing $366 a month as a Navy guy back in 70s when I started this journey. I was up to just over $600 a month by the time I got married. Party time.

Doubtful that this guy would have much patience for a few of the people posting on this board...he worked hard, used his brains, and didn't ask for anything from anybody, but himself-
..."Bruce Paddock was a working-class kid who delivered newspapers and pumped gas when he wasn't in class or playing ball at Duluth East High School 45 years ago.

By the end of this summer, Paddock expects to close on the $540 million sale of his family-owned Paddock Laboratories, a maker of specialty and generic drugs, to Perrigo Co. of Michigan."...

Doubtful that this guy would have much patience for a few of the people posting on this board...he worked hard, used his brains, and didn't ask for anything from anybody, but himself-
..."Bruce Paddock was a working-class kid who delivered newspapers and pumped gas when he wasn't in class or playing ball at Duluth East High School 45 years ago.

By the end of this summer, Paddock expects to close on the $540 million sale of his family-owned Paddock Laboratories, a maker of specialty and generic drugs, to Perrigo Co. of Michigan."...
great post, sums it all up, if you want to sucedd by working your tail off, there is no place like the USA. Meet this guy at Rotarty meeting a 26 year old millionaire, started a lawn mowing service in high school, sold it the summer of his senior year for $250,000. Paid for college, started tearing down old houses in Detroit while in school. After graduation from college he went nationwide on tear down, now reconstruction, has offices in four cities, 142 employees, and over 10M in sales. He says one of his secrets is if you do not want ot work as hard as him, you will not get hired.

great post, sums it all up, if you want to sucedd by working your tail off, there is no place like the USA. Meet this guy at Rotarty meeting a 26 year old millionaire, started a lawn mowing service in high school, sold it the summer of his senior year for $250,000. Paid for college, started tearing down old houses in Detroit while in school. After graduation from college he went nationwide on tear down, now reconstruction, has offices in four cities, 142 employees, and over 10M in sales. He says one of his secrets is if you do not want ot work as hard as him, you will not get hired.
Try telling that to the new bottom 300 folks about to get kicked in the nuts at NJ. Hard work from the pilots is about the only thing holding that house of cards together at this point and look where its gotten them.

As long as you don't have David Sokol types running a company, then hard work might actually pay off. Unfortunately there are more Sokol and JO's running companies in this country than the 26 year old millionaire above.

Try telling that to the new bottom 300 folks about to get kicked in the nuts at NJ. Hard work from the pilots is about the only thing holding that house of cards together at this point and look where its gotten them.

As long as you don't have David Sokol types running a company, then hard work might actually pay off. Unfortunately there are more Sokol and JO's running companies in this country than the 26 year old millionaire above.
So NJ should have continued loosing $M's to maintain the status quote? Have uncle WB sent in a a couple 100M each year to make everyone happy. BTW I know about five of the 300, they all seem to be doing fine.

So NJ should have continued loosing $M's to maintain the status quote? Have uncle WB sent in a a couple 100M each year to make everyone happy. BTW I know about five of the 300, they all seem to be doing fine.

Nah Randy you're talkin about the previous 395...

Not the 300 now being threatened.

For crying out loud...when are people going to realize that they are not guaranteed a job?

If they don't need the current number of employees, no matter what job they perform, the employer has the right to reduce the workforce to match up with the current level of business.

Latest resources

Back