Age 65 will cause FURLOUGHS and DOWNGRADES

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bravo for being indifferent to age 60.

as a younger pilot I am effected by it...

But if you really understood the problem you'd realize that to go into globalization you'd want your union firing on all cylinders. It's NOT!

No Shat. But that doesn't mean globalization isn't going to effect us.

If it was, age 65 would not have passed in the way it did. You can't claim to know anything about union process and have any faith in ALPA to handle other issues.

Is this about age 60 or union effectiveness?

If a few extra dollars were dangled before Prater right now to sign off on cabotage, he WOULD! Pure and simple.

Not sure if that is really true.... but it doesn't matter, cause that is what you and too many believe!!

Your perception is your reality and Praters problem... well in actuality... its all of our problems...

Rez: I've been in three unions and when I hear you talk it scares the crap out of me; I can't believe I share an affiliation with someone so stupid acting!

Your immature comments suggest you are younger than I.

We actually agree more than not... it appears you are too angry to think logically. Are you a USAPA supporter?

Age 60 is over. It is yesterday! The more you talk about the past the more we'll get hammered by the future.

Our effectiveness is our number one problem. We can't handle any of the issues while we are dysfunctional.

A problem is .... guys are still hung up on Age 60. Its over. But while you are still angry about the past we are not fixing our effectiveness issues to deal with the next problem.

And when cabatoge, open skies or foreign control takes another hit out of careers... are you going to realize what is going on?

luckytohaveajob.... don't forget to include ICAO in your alphabet blame game.... oh... and you're a victim.... feel better?

Can you talk about ICAO's role in all of this...

Maybe you can get revs. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and our own beloved Joe Merchant to help with victim status and living in the past....

Oh yeah.... and ALPA sucks!!

I expected a more mature post from you Rez?:erm:

So what. It passed and that's it. Why do some want to continue to cry about it? How will that change anything?

Pilots seem to love to vote Republican. Lower taxes myth I guess??
Well, they can be thanked for age 65. Your congress and your president are responsible.
They can be thanked for union busting. Ex-presidents started it (PATCO), and it continues.
Labor is so far down the road of beat-down discrimination, there is no reversing it.
You think ALPA is responsible for age 65? You think if they would have continued their fight against it, that Florida congressman would have shelved his proposal? You think that congress and the president would have LISTENED to ALPA???
Crazy!

Pilots seem to love to vote Republican. Lower taxes myth I guess??
Well, they can be thanked for age 65. Your congress and your president are responsible.
They can be thanked for union busting. Ex-presidents started it (PATCO), and it continues.
Labor is so far down the road of beat-down discrimination, there is no reversing it.
You think ALPA is responsible for age 65? You think if they would have continued their fight against it, that Florida congressman would have shelved his proposal? You think that congress and the president would have LISTENED to ALPA???
Crazy!

Good SA. the emotional crowd like luckytohaveajob won't have it though.... they just want to me mad!!

Rez: you have no SA. I don't support USAPA.

What planet are you from? Seriously? It sounds like you think we should champion the needs Chinese and South American pilots as an answer to globalization. Is that right? We need to take care of pilot jobs here, no where else. And we will accomplish that by leveling the playing field with an answer to health care and shoring up our retirement needs. This could be done if ALPA would pattern what the UAW is doing (health care) and if we could achieve a railroad like retirement plan. But, ALPA won't do that. When I contact them I have to talk to someone like you who can pretty well describe the problem, but has NO answers! NONE! You think pragmatism is the answer, ALPA thinks it's the answer, you're both wrong. Truth: Retirement age doesn't really matter in other ICAO countries. It never did, on either side of the equation. And it shouldn't matter here, but the senior A-holes made it matter. They took it half way and engineered a band-aid on medical standards just to help themselves. What you don't realize is that ALPA National thinks you and I are young and spoiled and they are happy we want to make sweeping changes and help the whole world. It keeps us busy while they take for themselves. Now the difference between me and you? YOU are going to end up just like them! You'll be delighted to lick the boot kicking the shat out of you! Cause you've got NO answers! NONE! I defy you to come up with a working plan for raising the standard of living for Chinese pilots like I suspect you think should be done!! You want to do that?? Then make our own working reality better... That's how you'll help everyone.

Risks of retiring at 60

Age 65 won't affect the companies that still have an A plan. These pilots will still retire at 60 OR 30 years of service.

If they can collect most of their pension as a lump sum and/or are sure that their annuity checks won't be slashed after they retire -- then yes, they would be smart to go at 60. Otherwise, they may feel they had better earn as much as they can for as long as they can. They have seen what happened at other airlines. :(

Latest resources

Back