Age 65 Stinks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

coogebeachhotel

Can not believe how badly this ruling has affected everyone.

Vent over

Age 65 is a huge setback for our industry. If that hadnt changed you likely wouldnt be seeing much if any furloughs and most would be hiring.

In the meantime you have some that want to "fly till they die"!! :cool:

I think age 65 is just like scope, the more we thumb our chests, saying "no more!", the next thing you know, you're flying with a grandpa old enough to be your FA.

My observations tell me we haven't even seen the worst of this change yet. Many old guys I see at work have used this to sustain and enhance a pretty lavish lifestyle, while some furloughs are indigent. As this plays out further, we're all going to learn that too many of the guys going past 60 won't be ready to retire because their lifestyles have always been unsustainable. And we're going to see the furloughed return and we won't even be able to recognize them.

I'm right in the middle seniority wise. I spend time with both extremes, the windfallers and the marginalized. Y'all know the proverbial picture package some guys fly with? Some of those stand out in my mind. Invariably, the old MFer has got a Harley, boat, guns, planes, hot rods, etc, etc. You name it. My furloughed friends and acquaintenaces? They don't have too many pictures. Usually at least one of the family. Everybody is trying to smile but you can tell it isn't easy for the parents. I can't believe we're all doing the same job. I can't believe the transfer of wealth Prater has orchestrated.

We have to fix this guys.

Last edited:
Cry on somebody else's shoulder. Age 65 almost passed twice in the 90's, and once again around 2004. If it had, we'd be having movement right now, even in the midst of the worst economic crisis in decades. You brought the perfect storm on yourselves...timing is everything--enjoy it!

Latest resources

Back