• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AGE 65 now LAW!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only thing bush flew was his pick up down the road jacked up on Jim Beam!

I see your point, but nobody seemed to be too concerned when the cargo guys were left behind in the 90's. I'm happy with our pay rates compared to the legacy guys and I'm not complaining about them. However, my CA upgrade is going to be delayed just as much as anyone at AA, United, CAL or Delta, and I thought that's what this is all about. I didn't think it was about relative pay rates. If 65 is wrong, it's wrong....no?
Oh, no doubt that it's going to hurt... The repercussions of this are going to be felt for a long time.

Guys who just had to retire are going to be clamoring to come back to work and are going to be suing over it shortly. If they are successful, it will be a HUGE hit on upgrade times, the company will cry poor on F/O wage increases because of the additional money paid to those senior CA's at the highest wage the payscale usually has, and some might actually buy off on it, just "happy to be at a major".

However, age discrimination is still age discrimination. I supported age 65 before, and I still do, even though it's going to make me work longer for the same money. It needed to end, and it has, as nasty as that's going to be for the rest of us.

I also don't believe that all of the age 60+ pilots will remain in the workforce. More than likely many will want to retire sometime before age 65, especially at FDX, UPS, and CAL where pensions are still good and in effect because of the CBA and where their wages weren't smacked as hard post 9/11 due to concessionary CBA's in bankruptcy or displaced back to F/O or furloughed.

Still more will not be able to pass their medicals as time wears on due to eyesight, hearing, blood pressure/weight/EKG issues, etc. Not a perfect solution, but it softens the blow somewhat.

Now the real battle begins for the rest of us... fighting to get our wages adjusted for the last 20 years of inflation, plus recouping lost wages from upgrades. Not going to be easy, but it's done.

Hope you're successful at FDX in getting some of that money added back into the F/O side of the equation for the longer upgrade times! :beer:

Grow up!

BUCK FUSH!!!!!!!!!

and all you other pieces of feces who supported this. I, along with my plenty of others appreciate getting effed out of a lot of money. :angryfire

Nice. I hope the five extra years will help you control your rage while you mature.

I am going to the store to pick up some Depends before my flight.

Not to mention a negotiated benefit is now in the can. Medical benefits for retirees was something worth millions of $$$ a year (at UPS, you receive medical bene's until Medicare). Now we essentially gave that away. Those millions could have given the F/O's more of a raise, or a larger B fund contribution.

Wow - your contract has already been renegotiated?

Latest resources

Back