Age 63????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilotbob3

I heard that ALPA has reversed its position on the age 60 subject and that it will go to 63...due to UAL guys losing a lot of money now.......supposedly a done deal for jan. 1, 2005......sucks if true.

say it ain't so.

why would 7,000 hour corporate pilots give a rats ass about the age 60 rule? In fact it looks like we got a double poster here.

Who cares about 3 more years?

First of all it's age descrimination to begin with and second of all, drop the freaking social security elegibility to age 60 and you wouldn't have this problem.

I have a solution, Its called get a life!!! I hate that I (and others) might have to wait to retire till Im 63 or 65 because of a few pilots out there that got a divorce and need the money to pay mama, and/or have no life to go to when they retire. If you like being at work (because your super pilot or cause you just cant get enough of the T/O, Landings, layovers, fast food, and airplane food) more than you like being off doing things of your choosing on your own time schedule, GET A LIFE!!! I always thought that working less and retiring early was a perk of this job.

GET A LIFE, Leave the industry alone!!!!!

Fire away...

I hate that I (and others) might have to wait to retire

or those selfish ba$tards who's spouse of 35 years becomes sick and needs long term care..

or the pr!cks who's adult child is killed in a car accident leaving 3 grandchildren with no parents..

or the a$$hole who's business associate embezzeles an entire life's savings..

or the selfish dickhe@d who's house burns to the ground from a freak lightning strike

Yup..it just sooo d@mn bad that YOU might have to throw the gear a little longer..because D@MMIT!! you DESERVE more..AND RIGHT F@CKING NOW!!

Seems YOUR entire world revolves around YOU.

Last edited:
Pilotbob3 said:
I heard that ALPA has reversed its position on the age 60 subject and that it will go to 63...due to UAL guys losing a lot of money now.......supposedly a done deal for jan. 1, 2005......sucks if true.
:) Good news, I'm 48!

FN FAL said:
why would 7,000 hour corporate pilots give a rats ass about the age 60 rule? In fact it looks like we got a double poster here.

Who cares about 3 more years?

First of all it's age descrimination to begin with and second of all, drop the freaking social security elegibility to age 60 and you wouldn't have this problem.
Read the fine print under current position. Both of us are furloughed AA and age 63 converts into 3 more years out on the street.

WHY? Pension Funding. Raising the age may save the pensions at UAL, DAL, NWA. BTW many of those reaching age 60 today spent a good deal of time on furlough. I had 8+ years myself.

Indapool said:
or those selfish ba$tards who's spouse of 35 years becomes sick and needs long term care..

or the pr!cks who's adult child is killed in a car accident leaving 3 grandchildren with no parents..

or the a$$hole who's business associate embezzeles an entire life's savings..

or the selfish dickhe@d who's house burns to the ground from a freak lightning strike

Yup..it just sooo d@mn bad that YOU might have to throw the gear a little longer..because D@MMIT!! you DESERVE more..AND RIGHT F@CKING NOW!!

Seems YOUR entire world revolves around YOU.
That sums it up pretty well. They want to force people to the street so they can upgrade. I want it and I want it now, waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. If you want to retire at age 60, then go ahead and retire at age 60. Just look at Delta and see how many are retiring before age 60. But just because you want to retire at a certain age, doesn't give you a right to force everyone else to do the same. And I'm not even 40 yet....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back