Age 63????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someday you too

Catyak, Someday if things work out for you; you may also reach that age.

pilotyip said:
Catyak, Someday if things work out for you; you may also reach that age.

Approaching 60, eh? Well do me a favor and don't retire, keep flying, and stay off the roads as much as possible. I'm at the age when I'm on the ground, I still have shlt to do....really, really super-important shlt!

Would someone please tell me what catastrophic physical deterioration is going to occur within me on my 60th birthday that is going to make me incapable of flying?

60 is for kids

Catyak: Don't I wish I was approaching 60, I am on the other side? I am extremely lucky to be here. I look back on instances where friends of mine died doing the same thing I do. Why them and not me? Why did my next door neighbor get shot down and killed on his first mission and not me? Why when we crashed did the wing break off and separate the fire from the fuselage? The same thing happened to a crew before us and they were cooked in the airplane, because the fire entered the fuselage. There are no guarantees in this business. It has been a fantastic adventure getting here and I have no regrets. The best you can hope for is the opportunity to drive the speed limit on the interstate when you are 80 years old.

Last edited:
pilotyip said:
Catyak: Don't I wish I was approaching 60, I am on the other side? I am extremely lucky to be here. I look back on instances where friends of mine died doing the same thing I do. Why them and not me? Why did my next door neighbor get shot down and killed on his first mission and not me? Why when we crashed did the wing break off and separate the fire from the fuselage? The same thing happened to a crew before us and they were cooked in the airplane, because the fire entered the fuselage. There are no guarantees in this business. It has been a fantastic adventure getting here and I have no regrets. The best you can hope for is the opportunity to drive the speed limit on the interstate when you are 80 years old.

You're here because if you weren't, I wouldn't be able to screw with your head. That's a guarantee.

Last edited:
Catyaaak,

Wow, I've seen alot of a$$holes on this board, believe me, but I really do think you take the cake.

Xfr8dog said:
Catyaaak,

Wow, I've seen alot of a$$holes on this board, believe me, but I really do think you take the cake.

Jeez, first PilotYip and now you. Obviously, there's some kind of microbe lurking in the air vents of DA-20s that feed on a pilot's sense of humor until it's gone.

CatYaaak said:
Jeez, first PilotYip and now you. Obviously, there's some kind of microbe lurking in the air vents of DA-20s that feed on a pilot's sense of humor until it's gone.

I've heard that if you graduate from college before starting a professional pilot career, they innoculate you against that particular microbe...

Grins,
Nu

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back