• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 legislation is moving fast as of today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well you can thank SWAPA and a bunch of old guys for letting you work longer instead of trying to put efforts into a decent retirement.

Who wants to work longer? Actually, I would like to retire at 60 and enjoy life with the grandkids, travel and have fun ..... We do have some idiots here at SWA.

work to live not live to work.....

(When this goes through IF YOU ARE UNDER 55 YOU ARE HOSED!!!). Not to mention the returning of guys who retired that the FAA will let return to fly and the proposed legislation to protect unions and companies from the lawsuits.

Last edited:
double post.

Last edited:
No NPRM, it is moving fast with a 104 rule attached.

Peanut Gallery, what's a 104 rule? I did a search, but no joy. Also, can you reveal your source?
Thanks.

AAflyer, I tried to respond to your PM, but your mailbox is full. You'll need to empty out some stuff.

Who wants to work longer? Actually, I would like to retire at 60 and enjoy life with the grandkids, travel and have fun.

Then retire at age 60. I doubt this law is going to force you to work until age 65. I hope to be set by age 55 to call it quits. So far I'm on track and don't really care what the law says about how long I can work. This may cause a slowdown in hiring for a couple of years, but it is by no means going to "ruin" the careers of those under age 55.

Well you can thank SWAPA and a bunch of old guys for letting you work longer instead of trying to put efforts into a decent retirement.

Amen bro! Amen! I have been scratching my head wondering this same thing about this one.

Then retire at age 60. I doubt this law is going to force you to work until age 65. I hope to be set by age 55 to call it quits. .

Bwaaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaa! Don't worry, airline management will make it so we are forced to work till 65. At UPS, the penalty for retiring 5 years early is huge. I am sure over time it will be that way when you retire at 60. I am sure airline management is creaming in their pants at the thought of how they can use this 65 thing to their advantage. They just can't wait till we step on our weenies.....AGAIN!

I hope to be set by 40....hope is the key word. Good luck with the 55 thing bro.

I doubt this law is going to force you to work until age 65.

You are probably right but are there peripheral impacts of the proposed legislation that are not being mentioned such as a possible impact on Social Security retirement benefits?

Latest resources

Back