• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 informal poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abolish the Age 60 Rule for other that Part 91 pilots?

• Yea

Votes: 668 35.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 1,214 64.5%

• Total voters
POST IS DEAD! STOP VOTING CAUSE I'M NO LONGER KEEPING TRACK FOR YOU ALL. NOT MY FAULT IF IT KEEPS GOING, SORRY.

FINAL RESULTS:

115 votes:

50 YEA (16 mil / 34 civ)
65 NAY (19 mil / 46 civ)

56% want the rule to remain 60 and out.
44% want it to change and allow for FAR part 121 flying after 60.

Good luck to both sides. Write your congressman and senators.

DONE! You decide what these results mean or don't mean.

THREADS DEAD BABY... threads dead.

STOP IT. Don't even think about submitting a quick post reply. Let it go................

out.

71KILO said:
THREADS DEAD BABY... threads dead.

STOP IT. Don't even think about submitting a quick post reply. Let it go................

out.

Duude, dat's just like an open invite for like this ole post to be like goin on like for freaking ever, my brother from another mother.

Duuude, as long as da Tranny be like a wicked cool place to be like workin, then dat be cool, but I aint knowin abouts watchin ole Ty Webb tryin to like work da magic in his polyesthers and white socks and like fake teeth. Dude, Ty be like seein his FO like tryin to hook up with some young thing, dan like ole Ty would be like swoopin in to snatch that young thing. "Hey Baby, how you doin? Don't I be like knowin you from somewhere, you purdy lil' thing?"

Then she says, "Oh, hey there Mr. Webb, oh yes, you know me cause I went to High School with your granddaughter!!!!"

YUUUUCK!!!!!! Ty, maybe we shoulds retire at 60, you dirty ole man!!!!!!

keep it going !!!! don't stop !!!!

Anyone worried about the outcome of this vote obviously did not consult with a financial adviser. Good Luck to all.....As for me, I hope I'm retired by 55; at least thats what my advisor tells me to expect...He works for Gresom, Foolem, and Fokem. I have his number if anyone is interested.

Seriously, this career field is getting very lame financially....The men that made flying what it is today must be rolling over in their graves saying.......................WTF.....................happend. Many Aviators will leave the field and never know WTF happend if this monstrousity continues. We will all be left in the very capable hands of a Few Good Men that are willing to do it for FREE> Sign me up for that....NOT!!!

This is still a great career field, you can still reach the $100K figure without a college degree. $100K is in the upper 95% of US income. To be paid that much to do something you like is something few people ever get to experience. Fly because you like to.

Thats Exactly what Im talking about.......Enough Said....$100k ..choke me as I Sneez babe.....thats exactly why I chose this path. I love to fly but you must remember there are many amongst us that can knock down 6 figures in 6 month just selling wet dreams. If thats all you want or wish for out of your life then have at it.......... Where exactly are your standards? $100k for spending half your time away from your family....Dude....sign up for Ebay. Sorry but this is not about the love of flying anymore...Its about careers.....Family,,,,,,and having the ability to live some sort of a quality life. Without those things what do we end up with....."nice greaser babe, nice job , nice whatever....its really getting old....oh, and by the way, I have never seen someone ride the van and look so relaxed as you....get real.....Its a JOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB/Careerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr/Moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to do the things you really want to do..... Sorry Man,,,,but that really is the reality of it.....So you ask,,,,what else can one do to make $100k/year.....Many things and right from your home....Ex.....Just answer your phone and say GEICO.

pilotyip said:
This is still a great career field, you can still reach the $100K figure without a college degree. $100K is in the upper 95% of US income. To be paid that much to do something you like is something few people ever get to experience. Fly because you like to.

I just had this conversation with the Delta crew I rode the jumpseat with yesterday. The Captain was talking about how pathetic our salaries have truly become in just a few short years. Three years ago you could reasonably expect to make $350,000 a year by the end of your career, but now the max is about $180,000. Corrected for inflation, a Pan Am 747 Captain before de-regulation made about $700,000. Our salaries have dropped over and over again because guys like you keep saying "well, it's better than a desk job I guess." How low are you willing to go? $90k? Maybe $80? How about $60? Is that still better than a desk job because you "love to fly?" Stop selling yourself short.

I am so sorry you are all so unhappy. I consider myself one of the luckiest guys in the world to have lived out a childhood dream. I have flown in the Navy, landed on aircraft carriers, flown all over the world, and flown in direct combat support. I would change little, I am truly happy. If you are unhappy, it is not my fault or the fault of anyone on this board. BTW do not lie down this family separation stuff, it comes with the job, everyone knows about it. If being home every night is the top priority in your life, become a schoolteacher. Fly because you like to.

Latest resources

Back