• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 informal poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abolish the Age 60 Rule for other that Part 91 pilots?

• Yea

Votes: 668 35.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 1,214 64.5%

• Total voters
personal info? you're kidding...

pilotyip said:
skycandy I least I do not hide who I am with a cute profile with no real information about who you are.

I am a very upfront type of person. However, privacy laws (or lack thereof) being what they are, and with the amount of personal info. available on the internet alone about a particular individual, (not to mention the exceptional experience of having been stalked in the past) I have absolutely no desire to post personal information about myself in public.

This is not a secured or private job hunting or resume-posting site where members have their identity verified, it is a public message board - open to anyone who wants to view (or post, for that matter); management, media, pilots, FAs, pax, whomever. The idea is to have a somewhat intelligent discussion and debate, based on the merits of the ideas posted by each individual. Therefore, I see no compelling reason why I should feel obligated to post a bunch of superfluous crap about myself on my "profile."

That said, I will tell you this much about myself: I am a 30-something female with a family; I have been involved in this industry for almost 20 years altogether - I have experienced it "up-close-and-personal" from nearly every aspect; A/C mfg. & suppliers, FBOs, Flight Schools, pax 121, etc. and even from the military perspective. (I am not former mil., but I have lived on base and dated a few mil. pilots.)

So... if all of that doesn't qualify me to have an opinion in your view, then that is certainly your perrogative. There is this handy little "ignore" feature that I'm sure the board moderators will be happy to accquaint you with! I have no desire either to get into a pi$$ing contest online - I have better things to do with my time.

Of course, if anyone here has a legitimate job offer for me, do feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to consider a professional interview. Of course, I reserve the right to refuse anything that isn't verifiable and over 100K! :cool:

BTW ~
For the record, I have had my share of disappointments like anyone else - but I don't dwell on opportunities missed and I place the blame for the demise of this industry squarely where it belongs - with the people who have torn this industry down as many of us have watched in horror and, quite frankly, great dismay and sadness. You speak of the guys who "built the industry" - would those be the same guys getting their 350K with stock options and full retirement? Or are we going back even further, when they made the equivalent of 700K in today's dollars over a 35 year career? Same guys who vote in lower standards in scope, work rules, salary and bennies for all the "junior" guys? "I've got mine.. pull up the rope." ?? Or maybe you are referring to the corporate raiders in mgt. Gee, thanks guys, all the way around. What a great "legacy."

El Ocho said:
Yes. Let freedom reign.
What about freedom for those already retired?
It would be interesting to know the age of voters. I think that would clearly divide the answerers into the yea or nay camp... which leads to the conclusion that inevitably most of the young nay voters will become older yea voters...

And that today's "yea" voters were yesterday's "nay's".

pilotyip said:
Capt Mark you seem to be on a roll yourself, Out of touch with the younger generation, I was here first, the younger generation is out of touch with the guys who built this business

The guys who built this business are long gone. You are not one of them, don't even try to take their credit.

Built this industry, maybe not me, but certainly some of my contemporaries fit the role. I am talking about, for instance, the initial FedEx pilots, some of which I served with. They went to work at a company with an unproved business concept flying DA-20's as F/O's for $400/mo in 1975

Where the heck did this come from?

Last post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FA walks into flightdeck with 2 pieces of cake, one big and one small.

FA: Here's some cake. Take your pick.

Capt: (to FO) Go ahead and take your pick.

FO: No, no. I insist you take your pick.

Capt: OK. (takes the large piece)

FO shakes his head.

Capt: What's wrong?

FO: I'd have taken the small piece.

Capt: What are you cryin' about? That's what you got!!!!!

Enuf said. Last post. Ya'll take care and fly safe.
And remember.....HABU!!!!

CB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back