• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 Battle vs ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know why you spend your time debating with foxhunter. He obviously wants the attention. He doesn't like age 60? Well tough, he knew the rules going into this and he has the opportunity to serve you coffee as an engineer.

He is trying to cause discontent and is since he chose not to pay his dues, he has no vote. No one listens to people like this anyway.

He faces a choice, either retire or become an engineer. He is lucky that he has that opportunity, since very few major carriers still fly three place aircraft. I hear that the DC-10s are going away in the future, I guess he will be a 727 engineer...

semore.........your post was good for a laugh. it was amusing.

as for being greedy though........that's not my issue. it's being forced to work past 60. and if you don't think that would happen after the rule change, your mind is well past its prime already.

as for Fox Hunter.........you're not worth a response.

Semore Butts said:
The young guys screaming about getting rid of the old guys. They know all about being 60 except they haven't been to 50 yet!

It bugs me that you young guys could be so greedy and short sighted. If you are lucky, you will live to be an old guy, I hope you do.

Young guys being greedy? I think not. To me it looks the other way around; the old senior guys are greedy. They made it to the left seat and now they want to stay there forever... never mind the fact that the only way they made it to that seat was that old guys were retiring ahead of them. Do you senior guys get it that you've all benefitted from the Age 60 rule and now you want it abolished? You knew what you were getting into, so quit yer bitchin'.

The only thing debatable about this whole mess is the pensions, or lack thereof at US Air and UAL...

jbDC9 said:
Young guys being greedy? I think not. To me it looks the other way around; the old senior guys are greedy. They made it to the left seat and now they want to stay there forever... never mind the fact that the only way they made it to that seat was that old guys were retiring ahead of them. Do you senior guys get it that you've all benefitted from the Age 60 rule and now you want it abolished? You knew what you were getting into, so quit yer bitchin'.

The only thing debatable about this whole mess is the pensions, or lack thereof at US Air and UAL...

If it were only about safety, there are many 50-year olds running around that make a good case for lowering the age! But, let's call a duck a duck; it really seems to be about career expectations. Raising the age only benefits captains and gets the F/O nothing but a longer wait to upgrade. There is no benefit for an F/O, unless he wishes to be a career F/O.

A wise man once said, "Don't buy anything you can't pay for in cash." I live by that saying, thus I will be ready and willing to relax and enjoy life at 60.

Cheers!

jon coqtoestone said:
A wise man once said, "Don't buy anything you can't pay for in cash." I live by that saying, thus I will be ready and willing to relax and enjoy life at 60.

Cheers!
So, you never had a mortgage on a house, huh?

Latest resources

Back