• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AF vs. Navy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow - that is funny coming from a guy that spends 6 months on a bo-at with a bunch of dudes in close quarters! When I go TDY for 2-3 weeks at Nellis I see a bunch of gorgeous women dancing on the bar at Coyote Ugly in NY, NY or up on the Voodoo Louge in the Rio. When VaB goes TDY for 6 months on a bo-at he gets to hot bunk with young male sailors.

When I fly a mission, it's nice to devote most of my brain bytes to the actual tactical execution, not crapping my pants about landing on the bo-at as soon as my gear is in the well on T/O. Is your guys landing on the bo-at impressive...yes indeed. Will I take my 10K piece of concrete, be able to focus on mission execution a lot more of the time, and have nice golf courses at my bases instead of spending 6 months on the bo-at with 1000 other dudes - you bet, every time.

I got into both Academies as well - I sure am glad I spent 4 years at 7250 MSL at a nice cozy place just south of Denver instead of wearing a dixie cup.

Disclaimer - this is fun kidding with my Navy brethren (aside from Dave Griffin who is a complete tool). All in all, you guys do a great job! :beer:

I think you would have looked really cute in a dixie cup Scapdog.

Riding the boat and separation from family is the price Navy guys willingly pay to get close to the fight fast and kill bad guys, hours before the AF rolls out of bed at 0645.

You can spin it any way you want, but the truth of the matter is that the personal comforts that pampered AF prima donnas prize so much (and wastes potential A-10 dollars on) just aren't as important to dudes really focused on the mission.

Go NAVY, beat Boston College in the Meineke Car Care Bowl, 30 Dec.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

Ya don't ask a guy if he's a Naval Aviator. If he is, he'll tell you. If he's not, you'll embarrass him.

double smily thing

And when a girl in a bar asks the AF guy what he flies, he says, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill myself."

Wow - that is funny coming from a guy that spends 6 months on a bo-at with a bunch of dudes in close quarters! When I go TDY for 2-3 weeks at Nellis I see a bunch of gorgeous women dancing on the bar at Coyote Ugly in NY, NY or up on the Voodoo Louge in the Rio. When VaB goes TDY for 6 months on a bo-at he gets to hot bunk with young male sailors.

When I fly a mission, it's nice to devote most of my brain bytes to the actual tactical execution, not crapping my pants about landing on the bo-at as soon as my gear is in the well on T/O. Is your guys landing on the bo-at impressive...yes indeed. Will I take my 10K piece of concrete, be able to focus on mission execution a lot more of the time, and have nice golf courses at my bases instead of spending 6 months on the bo-at with 1000 other dudes - you bet, every time.

I got into both Academies as well - I sure am glad I spent 4 years at 7250 MSL at a nice cozy place just south of Denver instead of wearing a dixie cup.

Disclaimer - this is fun kidding with my Navy brethren (aside from Dave Griffin who is a complete tool). All in all, you guys do a great job! :beer:

Scrapdog,

The AF fighter pukes’ fear of spending time on a boat is just too transparent. If we disregard your abject fear of night carrier landings, the second biggest obstacle for an AF guy to deal with on the boat is the fear of making an unwelcomed homo pass at shipmates. Captain’s Mast would be no fun for you. Neither would getting thrown off the fantail at 0300 by offended sailors.
:)

The personal comfort deprivation while at sea, combined with a sense of social abandonment, magnified by fewer drunken females with low self-esteem than you are accustomed to, would undoubtedly push you over the edge, causing you to surrender to your inner demons and the unspeakable desires you have kept repressed since childhood. You would disgrace the Zoomies, your branch and your airplane community. It’s really good you didn’t go Navy.
:rolleyes:

I don’t think you need to worry though. The only way you could have actually served on a CVN as a fixed wing pilot, if you had been fortunate enough to graduate from the USNA and then get orders to Pensacola, would be as a P-3 pilot on a disassociated sea tour. They only get laid on shore leave if the hookers (male and female) are having a slow night.
:0

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.
:beer:

Last edited:
Plus if you go Navy you get to wear a nametag on your ass. Now that's hot!

And who the hell irons their flightsuit?

Scrapdog,

The AF fighter pukes’ fear of spending time on a boat is just too transparent. If we disregard your abject fear of night carrier landings, the second biggest obstacle for an AF guy to deal with on the boat is the fear of making an unwelcomed homo pass at shipmates. Captain’s Mast would be no fun for you. Neither would getting thrown off the fantail at 0300 by offended sailors.

The personal comfort deprivation while at sea, combined with a sense of social abandonment, magnified by fewer drunken females with low self-esteem than you are accustomed to, would undoubtedly push you over the edge, causing you to surrender to your inner demons and the unspeakable desires you have kept repressed since childhood. You would disgrace the Zoomies, your branch and your airplane community. It’s really good you didn’t go Navy.

I don’t think you need to worry though. The only way you could have actually served on a CVN as a fixed wing pilot, if you had been fortunate enough to graduate from the USNA and then get orders to Pensacola, would be as a P-3 pilot on a disassociated sea tour. They only get laid on shore leave if the hookers (male and female) are having a slow night.

And fellas - as I mentioned in my earlier post...this guy is a complete and utter tool. He had to go out of his way to write 2 ridiculous posts to me on a lighthearted subject. I guess proof is in the pudding. Well at least we don't have to claim him as an AF guy...Navy flyers, I'm sorry guys. There's always one in the bunch that just doesn't get it huh? :crying:

Scrapdog,

Hey Dave,
Never had a problem getting in to see your mother no matter what night it was. Your father however, always seem to have quite the lineup in front of his door... not that there is anything wrong with that (mostly from the Zoomies in town). He had a nice collection of ascots nailed to his wall.

Yup, the P-3 is a POS, but they are fun to fly... what did you fly again?

A Joyous Festivous to the rest of us!!!

Still

And yet you guys keep quoting him thus exposing us to his idiotic drivel when he is on most ignore lists. Have a heart and quit quoting him....PLEASE

If you made it to either club, you have been given a fantastic adventure. I believe few of those who went down either path would change change much.

Latest resources

Back