• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AF, Navy Fighter ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes having a large ship with planes on it is a good thing to have in the arsenal however realize over time that will change (due to technology). There are more cost effective ways to deliver ordinance on the horizon than a carrier. However, the ability to put a large warship off someone's coast might keep it around longer than expected.
Biff

Sure.... but you can say that about anything. That's a pretty far out timeline too. The Navy has CVN-77 coming and wants 300 or so JSF (small amount compaired to the AF's over 2000) to complement almost 500 Super Hornets. Figuring the shelf life of a carrier to be over 40 years (Kitty Hawk is 46 years old) I'd say we'll be around for a while.

I always find it interesting that the guys who have the highest opinions of their own airplane and the lowest opinions of other airplanes are the ones who have NEVER flown any other airplane.

The guys who have Navy or AF prejudices, as well, probably haven't flown with/for the other service.

Every dude I know who HAS flown multiple fighters or done an exchange with another service (or another country's service) has lost their "my jet is the sh*t" prejudice and see things with a much larger picture.

...and seen things with a much larger picture.
Impossible: "the big picture" began to go away after the Korean War. It's long gone. Plus, I think some AFI did away with "the big picture" a while back.

Did I mention that my jet is the shizzle?

No way! Are you talking about Duster Parent and Ken Edwards?

"Fast Eddie"!!! Of Course, great guy.

The B-52 guy was "Moose" Smith, but I knew Parent as well. Different squadron.

Air Force = Sattelites, Ballistic missles & Ascots

Decision Made!
Pretty big words from a pseudo/faux-rhino driver. There's only 1 real Rhino....Phantoms Phorever! No ascot required (that's old SAC).:D

Oh Yeah....You are retahhhhhted!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back