• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aero Jet SDL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My opinion only, but Abby has always been on the bottom of the ladder at SDL. There is quite a bit more class at Southwest Jet, and Jeff Schlueter is a heck of a nice guy! The only bene to getting the G-II/III type would be to get time in type, then hit the contract circuit!

I heard that Pinnacle (not sure of full name of the operation) was hiring into an Excel at SDL - that would be a good type to have for additional contract work I would think.

Yeah when I interviewed the other day I got the scoop from Lonnie the DO.

Pay is 55k for FO 75K for Capt. On call 24/7/363. I'm not typed so I would pay for 1/2 the initial (8,500) and then be on the loan contract discussed earlier. Up to 1000/year 401k Match 6 years to get fully vested. High Deductable health insurance so I would be responsible for the first 2600 then insurance covers 80% and for family you have to cover 2 deductables so 5200 then it is covered 100%. After year 1 you get 5 days vacation, after 5 years 15 days. No word on upgrade time except Lonnie said about 1 year. As an FO you can't fly live legs until the company signs off on you and you can do that from either seat depending on Capt. The copay for the insurance for a family would be 350/month.

Per Diem was 50 for day trips, 200 domestic and 300 international. You pay for Hotel and all expenses. You don't get paid until on the line so prob 4-6 weeks, all expenses are re-embursed while in training.

IMO the pay and benefits seem a bit low, but that I'm not sure of my pay is low, but my benefits are great its always something.

I will probably be passing on this opportunity even though a gulfstream type seems to be gold.

Are the GIV and GV the G1159 type also or do they have a different type?

Tailwinds
Maddog

This honestly sounds like a terrible opportunity. I too would pass on it. There are far better opportunities out there - you just have to look and be a little flexible on location. Living in SDL would be great but you could not afford anything on that pay....

Latest resources

Back