Aero Jet SDL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AHP-TWAMaddog

Hi does anyone have any info on Aerojet in SDL, I interviewed there yesterday for the GII/III position and was wondering if anyone could pass on all the usual info for them.

Thanks in advance

Maddog

Overall - not bad for 135. Pay is low. Owners somewhat greedy. D.O. very fair. C.P. kind of stern. Maintenance good. Crews made up of good people. If you're flexible and can tolerate the pay and training loans - you'll have fun at Aero Jet. Otherwise, you'll be disappointed. The Gulfs are OLD!

No, you don't pay for your own training. The cost does not come out of your pocket.

However, you do use YOUR CREDIT to obtain a training loan in YOUR NAME. Aero Jet hands you the cash each month to make the payment. Each of these debacles is 6 months long - so essentially everyone is on a 6 month contract. If you leave early, you're stuck with the remaining loan - so be prepared to commit for at least 6 months as a captain or 1 year as an FO. However, upgrade times are fast.

This does drive many people to greener pastures - hence the greedy owners comment in my first post.

Is it right? No. Is it fair? No. Is Aero Jet the only company that does this training loan grabage? No. Does it work (protect the company for the training costs)? Yes.

They called me for a G2 FO spot and told me I would pay for my intial type and then they would do that little loan deal afterwards.

Yeah when I interviewed the other day I got the scoop from Lonnie the DO.

Pay is 55k for FO 75K for Capt. On call 24/7/363. I'm not typed so I would pay for 1/2 the initial (8,500) and then be on the loan contract discussed earlier. Up to 1000/year 401k Match 6 years to get fully vested. High Deductable health insurance so I would be responsible for the first 2600 then insurance covers 80% and for family you have to cover 2 deductables so 5200 then it is covered 100%. After year 1 you get 5 days vacation, after 5 years 15 days. No word on upgrade time except Lonnie said about 1 year. As an FO you can't fly live legs until the company signs off on you and you can do that from either seat depending on Capt. The copay for the insurance for a family would be 350/month.

Per Diem was 50 for day trips, 200 domestic and 300 international. You pay for Hotel and all expenses. You don't get paid until on the line so prob 4-6 weeks, all expenses are re-embursed while in training.

IMO the pay and benefits seem a bit low, but that I'm not sure of my pay is low, but my benefits are great its always something.

I will probably be passing on this opportunity even though a gulfstream type seems to be gold.

Are the GIV and GV the G1159 type also or do they have a different type?

Tailwinds
Maddog

IMO ~ Pass. I know the Gulfstream type SEEMS to be gold, but it is a II/III type and not IV or V. Now, I'm saying that 'cuz a buddy of mine who flies the II/III just said that to me last week...not that I personally have that experience - just passing along info.

Seems like this company wants you to take a lot of risk and personal debt to work for them. F that. There are better deals around.

It's sad that SDL seems to be turning this route. Aero Jet seems to be a major player at SDL and to see this degrade of 135 flying in a city with so much money is pathetic on part of those who own and rent jets at SDL. Their is no shortage of cash in SDL - just many people who want $1 worth for $.10. Hope it works out for you.

Latest resources

Back