• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Adios F-14 Tomcat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Definetly sad to see them go, it would be nice if the Navy could have a F14 demo team. I would love to see them fly again! If only I were "Bill Gates rich."

Encore performances

I thought at one time the Navy was going to keep several of them operational at PAX river. Not true?

Flight test organizations often use "retired" airplanes. I saw F-86s at Pt. Mugu; an F-8, SR-71, & F-104s at NASA/Dryden, all long after they had gone out of service elsewhere in DOD.

"Navy could have a F14 demo team" - ummm hello, and then where would we get the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to pay for the little debacle/war Mr Bush started.

"Navy could have a F14 demo team" - ummm hello, and then where would we get the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to pay for the little debacle/war Mr Bush started.

The thread says, "Adios F-14 Tomcat" not "I think Bush lied to us about weapons, and also I think he stole the election, and Al Gore and Kerry would have done better" thread.

Last edited:
Flight test organizations often use "retired" airplanes. I saw F-86s at Pt. Mugu; an F-8, SR-71, & F-104s at NASA/Dryden, all long after they had gone out of service elsewhere in DOD.

I knew that but specifically being the case with the F-14 I'm not sure. Really sad to see such an awesum and still combat viable platform retired due to only budget constraints.

The thread says, "Adios F-14 Tomcat" not "I think Bush lied to us about weapons, and also I think he stole the election, and Al Gore and Kerry would have done better" thread.

MISSION NOT ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/BBI-GEORGE-BUSH...45979827QQihZ009QQcategoryZ2469QQcmdZViewItem

I laughed my a$$ off for a few minutes when I saw this but after I calmed down I threw up alittle in my mouth. Someone should buy one and send it to the Daily Show and see what they do with it.

Can't believe they held on to this POS as long as they have when they could have kept a proven platform like the F-4. Guess the Phantom should have had a badass movie like Top Gun to keep her around. /sarcasm

Latest resources

Back