• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Adios F-14 Tomcat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, the last set of photos is very enlightening. Iran looks like a very civilized and industrialized country. Makes me almost want to go and visit. Those photos are nothing at all like the photos we see on the news. I don't see any American flags burning or people in near riots saying "death to America".

Guess propaganda is still alive and well in the media. Wonder what their government shows them about us.

The president can't even get a BJ from an intern without the whole world knowing about. How are they going to keep secrets like alien spaceships?

Through mind control and subliminal messages on cereal boxes and Spike TV.:nuts:

Gotta go.............the mothership is calling to warn me about black helicopters in the area.

Ya as much as I love the Hornet... the Tomcat definatley evolved into a fantastic multi-role a/c. The Tomcat 21 IMHO would have been a much better step in the evolutionary ladder than the Super Hornet. How many F-18's were doing FAC(A) work? None to my knowledge... and the thing was a bomb truck with way more gas.

Dude, don't even compare the Hornet to the -14 in terms of A/G. Not even close. A little bit of gas doesn't make up for antiquated systems and less of a loadout capability.

You're correct MAGNUM!!

It's just speculation on my part, no experience.

But I'd say the fact that they are bragging how the F-22 can carry a few 250 lbs (homo) bombs is a good indication of how good a CAS platform it isn't. It was designed as a fighter, everything else is an afterthought and an inefficient add-on.

You guys didn't take the Zarkman out with a 500 lbs bomb. You used a 2 x 1k curb stomp on the MFer. Even with precision guided ordnance, bigger is better.

Didn't they use a GBU-12 and a GBU-38 on Zarqawi? Both of which are 500lb weapons. Until the politicians decide that the best way to win this war is to go out and kill our enemies instead of just avoiding collateral damage, teeny tiny bombs are all we are probably going to be allowed to drop these days.

Dude, don't even compare the Hornet to the -14 in terms of A/G. Not even close. A little bit of gas doesn't make up for antiquated systems and less of a loadout capability.

I guess I was comparing it more to the Chuck. You guys in the two seat Rhinos are another story capability wise over the Tomcat.

Less loadout? Am I mistaken in the number of J-weps/LGB's the 'cat could carry?

Latest resources

Back