• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Add 'pilot' to list of jobs that aren't so great now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I like Kit Darby's line "Depending on Seniority, you can go to Lubbock or London." Well, I'll take London.

Bye Bye--General Lee

LOL i know the guy in the article!! He's a damn good friend of mine! Known him since our regional days. I bet the little Italian bastard is getting all kinds of poon showin himself off in the newspaper!

I just called him and gave him crap LOL!!

LOL i know the guy in the article!! He's a damn good friend of mine! Known him since our regional days. I bet the little Italian bastard is getting all kinds of poon showin himself off in the newspaper!

I just called him and gave him crap LOL!!

Tell him thanks for giving management another insight on how he might do this job for FREE, since he can watch the sunset and do a "coupled" approach holding his Captain's hand.

Bye Bye--General Lee

As soon as I read the article, I knew the general would have a comment.
By the way, I'm enjoying my MAF overnight. I don't care where they send me. Just show me the money. 

"Think of [the regional airlines] as an apprenticeship to live through and get to the next level," says [Kit] Darby.

Kit, here's what I think of your willingness to downgrade flying at a regional as an "apprenticeship."

To be clear, let's define "apprenticeship": the state in which a person is gaining instruction in a trade or art, under legal agreement.

Last I checked, that Beech 1900 crew flying in the Great Lakes ice and thunderstorms wasn't receiving any such "instruction." I believe they're the real thing, doing the real thing, but for unrealistically-low wages. Let's be clear.

The best thing Kit Darby could do is avoid the media. He's a contributing factor to the downgrade of our profession.

"Think of [the regional airlines] as an apprenticeship to live through and get to the next level," says [Kit] Darby.

Kit, here's what I think of your willingness to downgrade flying at a regional as an "apprenticeship."

To be clear, let's define "apprenticeship": the state in which a person is gaining instruction in a trade or art, under legal agreement.

Last I checked, that Beech 1900 crew flying in the Great Lakes ice and thunderstorms wasn't receiving any such "instruction." I believe they're the real thing, doing the real thing, but for unrealistically-low wages. Let's be clear.

The best thing Kit Darby could do is avoid the media. He's a contributing factor to the downgrade of our profession.

Can I get a F&%kin AMEN!!!!

Latest resources

Back