Acquisition or Merger?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GL,

I am no GK and I don't think our head bean counter would do it BUT....if by "USAPA nuts" you mean keeping the operations separate to avoid a nasty culture clash, I wouldn't rule this out of the playbook here at good ole southwestern trailways...the good ole boyx/galz do seem to value the LUV...

Hey, GK could break out the checkbook and keep all the "adversely affected" players happy...this is my bet as to what will grease the skids to this whole thing...

GL,

I am no GK and I don't think our head bean counter would do it BUT....if by "USAPA nuts" you mean keeping the operations separate to avoid a nasty culture clash, I wouldn't rule this out of the playbook here at good ole southwestern trailways...the good ole boyx/galz do seem to value the LUV...

Hey, GK could break out the checkbook and keep all the "adversely affected" players happy...this is my bet as to what will grease the skids to this whole thing...

I think Lee is referring to how USAir East pilots didn't accept the binding arbitration results, and went nuts and created another union. It's a mess over there now, you know.

OYS

Redflyer-

Why would GK announce that SWA is keeping the 717's. They are growing to a 2 plane fleet soon to be 3 and turn around and do exactly the opposite to what he has put in writting, testified to and stated many times to the general public? He then would be called a liar, defrauded the American public and blah, blah, blah(whatever people can come up with). When if this was his plan all along he could save himself some negative press and not just say anything. There was nothing legally he was required to say to get this merger passed. Regardless if he says something or nothing about the 717's the merger would have been "a go" from DOJ. So again, my question why would he risk negative press, his character and respect if he did not have to?

Redflyer-

Why would GK announce that SWA is keeping the 717's. They are growing to a 2 plane fleet soon to be 3 and turn around and do exactly the opposite to what he has put in writting, testified to and stated many times to the general public? He then would be called a liar, defrauded the American public and blah, blah, blah(whatever people can come up with). When if this was his plan all along he could save himself some negative press and not just say anything. There was nothing legally he was required to say to get this merger passed. Regardless if he says something or nothing about the 717's the merger would have been "a go" from DOJ. So again, my question why would he risk negative press, his character and respect if he did not have to?

It's his show. I think he's actually been very quiet about his plans. I would say everything is on the table.

OYS,

I have ZERO fears of arbitration. The long list of gains on the AAI side is huge. Bring it on..

I love it how the MORONS from DAL (they know who they are!) come on here spewing about Arbitration... You know nothing about it, You guys took the money (Stock Options) and settled, You sold yourselves out. AAI/SWA will come to a negotiated settlement, They will vote on it. If 1 of the 2 groups decides they don't like it and wants to go to Arbitration, SO be it!

WE (the pilots of SWA and AAI) are tired of your opinion, stop going on every post and discussing what is none of your business!

Misery loves company, when it's all said and done, we are gonna kick your a$$!

{and before the biggest MORON of them all (you know who you are) mentions SLC, wake up, I've been there, their is nothing there!!!! That's why we "shrunk it", as you say...It's a Hub and Spoke operation for you, I'd be shocked if we still didn't pull more people out of there, AND if it were not for regional feed (NOTE: WE HAVE SCOPE, WE HAVE NO REGIONAL FEED... WE PAY NO ONE TO MOVE OUR PASSENGERS!), I'd guarantee we'd be pulling more people out of there.

So while you're in Africa or Timbuktu or WHERE EVER you go one leg out for 10 plus hours and one leg back, carrying maybe 300 passengers, I'm flying 3 or 4 legs a day carrying 25% more. (137 x 3 = 411) and if I do another leg (548), or another leg ETC. ETC. ETC., I can go on if you need help with the math. And if our A/C flies 12 hour days at 1.5 hour legs that's more than 1000 people a day, Yes, you may have higher yields BUT I have yet to see an A/C that could carry 1000 people!

SO while you guys have handed over domestic flying, we have gladly picked it up for 40 years, and we'll continue to do so!

KBB

Last edited:
AND I'LL STILL BE MAKING MORE THAN YOU!

THE MORE I FLY THE MORE I GET PAID...

No CAPS, The only Bank I see is the one where my check Goes!!

TO ALL THE AAI GUYS, Welcome aboard!

2 more Business days!

KBB

Now I'm almost as cool as those DAL guys that post 5 times in a row on the same posts...
If only I had someone to quote like the cool guys!

KBB

You can quote me. As long as that's Makers in your glass.

Mmmmmm...bourbon.

Welcome aboard AAI guys, lets kick it in the ATL!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back