ACA to go it alone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In response to Wackford.

Who knows that ACA is a low cost carrier? SW has spent years claiming the identity that they are "THE low fare airline". ACA is going to have to spend a lot of money on advertising to get people to look to them for the low fares.

Yes there was competition when Jetblue started, but they, Jetblue, offered something different than the competition. In-flight entertainment for all passengers, new planes, great service, and low fares. Can ACA do that?

USAirways and UAL arent LCC, you're right, but you can bet they will match prices on these routes, plus they have the customer bennies like freq flyer miles.

I hope this works for you guys! I really do, itll be interesting to watch. :D

ACA is planning on spending lots of $money$ to get the word out to everyone about the new operation!!

Great, thats exactly what its going to take. Not just US Today stuff, but TELEVISION!, something that other carrier (except SW) have all but abandoned. The new logo looks sharp!

Tarp,

Who ever heard of JetBlue before...............??????????????

Nobody............. it was a new company. JetBlue, what the heck is that............

That's what ACA will be creating. A new company with a new name. Of course nobody heard of ACA before. We flew for UAl as United Express just like those other carriers.

ACA management/ownership has stated they will spend a huge amount of money on advertising this "new" airline.

Last edited:
EOpilot said:
I hope you shorted ACA, because if you're expecting ACA stock to skyrocket after this announcement, you'll be disappointed.

Good luck to all at ACA. I quit two weeks ago, so I'll be watching this one from the sidelines.

Don't forget that you do have 30 days to come back with no change in seniority if you want to.

ACA, which will be renamed at a later date, is planning on UTILIZING “narrow body” equipment (read Boeing 737, or Airbus whatever) in addition to the CRJs. Concerning furloughs:
No further furloughs would be necessary if ACA BUYS narrow body jets, UAL thing is gone and we are flying as the new LCC. ACA has a “senior” pilot force.:eek:.

I hope that the pilot group is NOT willing to accept sub-standard wages to get the CHANCE to fly big airplanes.
Who knows, maybe ACA will be the newest best thing.:cool:

Last edited:
Gimme a break. Coke sucks. You should keep Pepsi and Pepsi products.

CASM

CASM does not tell the whole story. The B-747 had one of the lowest cost ASM's in the business but the aircraft hourly cost was horrendous and broke more than one airline....Pan AM, etc. One poster gave an example of a 1000n.m CRJ flight at .14 CASM and a $150 ticket price. I think ACA's example was Rochester, N.Y to LGA or IAD. That would be less than half that. ACA has a good possibility of pulling this off.

codeshares

What if America West, Frontier or Alaska open a new focus city in IAD. Or what if all three open a focus city. Now there would be some utilization.

Aye-ca-rum-ba

This kinda thing is fun to think about.

3 observations

1. I think we know who the new Frontier Express will be.

2. I know PIT has been dying to have a low fare carrier hub out
of there. (They certainly have plent of gate space)

3. The code-share possibilities for ACA being on their own are
are HUGE!!!

"It's the things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back