Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: ACA

yaks said:
Here is your chance to earn major pay. The pay rates will have to be negotiated since I am sure the current contract doesn't include A319 pay scales. ACA pilots could lead the new charge to bring up commuter pay. So what are you going to do?

Where have you been? ACA pilots reached a TA on narrowbody rates and work-rule changes two weeks ago.

Our NB rates are in the middle. Slightly below JetBlue and Air Tran, well below SWA and ATA, above Spirit, Frontier and AWA.

Our CRJ rates are still second only to Comair.

Pretty good profit-sharing as well.

Just an another example of transfering hi paying jobs to low paying jobs.......Industry is going right down the $h1tter!

You're not in Kansas anymore, Toto

GogglesPisano said:
Our NB rates are in the middle. Slightly below JetBlue and Air Tran, well below SWA and ATA, above Spirit, Frontier and AWA.

"In the middle"? Aren't there some other airlines who fly NB's (say American, Aloha, Alaska, Continental, Delta, Northwest, Hawaiian, United, US Air)? How does the ACA contract compare to them?

Anyone notice that this ACA thread is in the 'majors' forum? :D

holdon said:
ACA getting Airbuses, he was absoultely right. This is the begining of the end. Our Careers are in a flat spin and we're getting to close to bail out. When "regionals" start getting Trans Con A/C we are all in trouble.

The regional pilots see this as their boat rising. The major pilots see this as their boat sinking. Everyone step back for a moment and look at this issue as a pilot. Not a major or regional pilot.

Now compile the payscales, work rules, and benefits of those pilots who are currently flying those flights vs. what ACA will offer.

Another POS company dragging this profession down the toilet.

First it was JetBlue undercutting the majors. Now it's ACA undercutting JetBlue.

This race to the bottom is going to put downward pressure on pilot salaries for several years.

Re: You're not in Kansas anymore, Toto

Sniper@YourFeet said:
"In the middle"? Aren't there some other airlines who fly NB's (say American, Aloha, Alaska, Continental, Delta, Northwest, Hawaiian, United, US Air)? How does the ACA contract compare to them?

It is in the middle of the LCC carriers. Actually, I would be interested to see how everybody's pay stacked up concerning the 737/A320 type of aircraft.

As for Andy, why is ACA a "POS" company? What causes you to make that observation? You might say our contract is in the middle of those carriers making money over the last few years and probably below those of the carriers losing money/bankrupt over the last few years...... Bankrupt UAL offered us an absolutely unacceptable contract and said take it or else - ACA replied with the immortal words of that great philosopher Eric Cartman, "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

And for USNFDX, would you prefer that ACA capitulate to UAL and take a MESA level contract (the F.O.'s being eligible for food stamps and such glorious contract rules as not being paid for mx or wx cancellations.)? Our RJ rates are still well paid and the narrow body rates are respectable (especially in light of this being our first contract with them) in regards to our competition.

Last edited:
Andy said:
The regional pilots see this as their boat rising. The major pilots see this as their boat sinking. Everyone step back for a moment and look at this issue as a pilot. Not a major or regional pilot.

Now compile the payscales, work rules, and benefits of those pilots who are currently flying those flights vs. what ACA will offer.

Another POS company dragging this profession down the toilet.

First it was JetBlue undercutting the majors. Now it's ACA undercutting JetBlue.

This race to the bottom is going to put downward pressure on pilot salaries for several years.

What do you mean "first it was jetBlue"? Where have you been for the last 25 years? Did you just start flying? Ever heard of Southwest, People Express, America West? Shall I go on with the list of many since Deregulation in 1978?

It gets really old hearing that jetBlue (et al) are the ones dragging this industry down. If you ask me, it's being brought down by a lot of pilots who think the world owes them a living. It's always someone else's fault, right? If you are working (as opposed to being on furlough) you should count your blessings.

Why don't you ask any one of the 733 pilots at jetBlue (or any of the thousand or so that will be hired) if they think that jetblue is driving this professionion down the toilet. I am positive you will get an answer that is contrary to the few on this forum that think we are "lowering the bar". Without going into detail about our pay scales, suffice it to say that they are just (and I mean just barely) below that of Southwest. As far as our working conditions and other QOL, I'd stack it up against any, repeat any, US air carrier.

So there! :p :p :p

Have a good one

jetblue320 said:
Why don't you ask any one of the 733 pilots at jetBlue (or any of the thousand or so that will be hired) if they think that jetblue is driving this professionion down the toilet. .....As far as our working conditions and other QOL, I'd stack it up against any, repeat any, US air carrier.

So there! :p :p :p

Have a good one

JetBlue320, and all,

I will vouch for what you have said. Having left a "major" voluntarily for a better QOL and job satisfaction at JetBlue, I totally agree. So far I have not been disappointed with my decision yet. To each his/her own, but I consider JetBlue a step UP, not a step down.

As for ACA, I haven't a clue.

Skirt

Re: ACA

yaks said:
Here is your chance to earn major pay. The pay rates will have to be negotiated since I am sure the current contract doesn't include A319 pay scales. ACA pilots could lead the new charge to bring up commuter pay. So what are you going to do?

The payrates include A319/A329/A321 and B737-700/B737-800. Where did you get your "facts"?

Latest resources

Back