• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Its Airbus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heck I wish them luck. What I think is sad though is that some of these pilots think the new payscale is great since it will be a good raise for them.

too bad

Too bad they chose the Airbus. Ask any mechanic who works on them and they will tell you they are junk, a throwaway plane. Boeing builds a much better product for the long term. This seems to be the attitude today in management, save a lot of money up front rather than look down the road.

Nice job ACA. Good luck to the pilots. You think you are going to a company to fly 1900s and RJs, then you get a bunch of narrow bodies. Thats awesome.
Soon, you might be a larger East Coast regional airline than USair is.

bigboeings,

I think the defining moment was each manufacturer's delivery schedule. Airbus could promise a Sept '04 arrival, while Boeing was tied up with a ton of 738 rollouts. Ironic though, because one would think the closure of the 757 line might help expedite the others. :confused:

Blueridgeflyer

Lowecur, if you're in this thread, why didn't ACA order 100 seat jets??

I've been looking for the order......

Industry in the crapper?? I think we are looking at how aviation operates in America. ACAs plan is not revolutionary.

Steps--

1) Airline is founded, grows, wages go up and everyone is happy

2) Growth slows or stops but management and pilots continue to want wage growth

3) Airline in trouble and senior management and pilots try to run away with as much cash as possible

All carriers with big or increasing debt with small profits or losses should be looking over their shoulder. A lower debt or cost advantaged competitor will arrive soon.

Lets look at history here.

Can one of the more senior Delta guys tell us what Delta's wages were compared to Eastern and Pan Am when Delta was growing in the 80's?? Delta offered a great product, but they also had a cost advantage (if memory serves me).

How did Delta get those European routes? I'm pretty sure they got them when Delta was awash in cash, with low debt, and the airline that sold them was drowning in debt.

This race to the bottom is going to put downward pressure on pilot salaries for several years.
Yeah ... that Capitalism thingee is a real b!tch ain't it. :rolleyes:

Minh

The Frog Jet; The ScareBus; The AirBag

Too funny.

I hate to bring this up...ah what the hell...

Anybody remember when ACA was PFT?

I guess I'm still a little prejudiced.

Oh well, good luck nevertheless!:cool:

Latest resources

Back