• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA announces furlough of 87 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumor I heard "Plan B" was of all things codesharing for expanding Alaska Airlines. Then again, maybe that was "Plan 9 from Outer Space".....

Just to give you folks an example of how rampant these rumors are running around ACA...I was over at the training center today and here is a list of all the rumors I heard in about a two hour period.

1) ACA to drop J41 fleet, furlough roughly 500 pilots
2) J41 fleet to stay "indefinitely". (thought it was funny that I heard both of these from different people within about 5 minutes!)
3) Other codeshare partners: USAir, Northwest, Jetblue, even Southwest. Hearing ALOT about Jetblue.
4) ACA to go out on its own
5) any and every combination of the above. Good lord.

What seems to be perfectly clear is that nobody over here knows just WHAT is going to happen. Could be literally anything, especially considering our management's history of aggressive business decisions. We'll see.

Had an ACA jumpseater out of SMF Sunday night, and he had heard the rumor, checked the hotline before leaving home and the furlough rumor was debunked on the hotline.

Scratching My Head,

AF:)

The "500" rumor was debunked by the hotline message. "87" is right from ALPA and is the number they are planning around right now.

War, United at Chapter 7's door, We can't (or won't) get financing for the 3 CRJ's that were supposed to be delivered (yeah, and when can we bid for April), and we're retiring our J-41's right on schedule or to avoid installing $80K FDR's.

Our rumor mill can pump out any scenario you want right now.

I also heard the rumor about Alaska. The ACA website has admited today that they are in talks with other airlines but they don't say who. The newest rumor is that we could become the next American Airlines express carrier for the East coast. Interesting proposition since American is about to file Chapter 11.

"Gear dissagree...Gear dissagree..."

Good News - well, at least its not as bad as it could be. Looks like we are planning on keeping the J-41's - so no massive furlough. Also, there seems to be a lot of interest in voluntary leaves of absence. Hope this helps.

3) Other codeshare partners: USAir, Northwest, Jetblue, even Southwest.

Ya....you can take that Southwest codeshare rumor to the bank! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, hope it turns out for the best for you guys.

Latest resources

Back