Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

logolight

Air Wisconsin
56 furloughs starting April 3rd, 31 more as of May 1st. All 87 are not expected to be re-called in 2003. Any more furloughs beyond this number will result in "Bump-and-Flush" bidding. ACA may also have to retire all of it's J41 fleet later this year due to a potencialy expensive AD. If this happens, ACA is looking at about 460 total furloughs.

"Direct Bearz, direct O'hare..."

That stinks!!!!!!

Curious, what kind of seniority dates will be affected by the current furloughs?

What AD might this be? This is terrible news!

My hopes go out to all those about to be furloughed in this crisis and their families.

87 furloughs goes back to a hire date of Sept 16, 2002. If we retire the J-41's, then say roughly 500 total pilots are furloughed, then that hire date goes back to Apr 30, 2001. I forgot what the items are on the J-41 but they are significant - it might make more sense for the company just to retire them and go all jet. Right now, everything is up in the air as United fights to survive.

Curious

What are the total number of pilots there?
What is ACA's largest contractor, i.e. United, Delta??
If United goes out, how many pilots will that affect?
Do you ACA guys think that DCI will epand using ex United aircraft?? Thanks. Tim.

P.S. Sorry to hear the news and I hope you guys and ACA survive as I have been told it is a great airline! I also hope United and US Air survive as well!

Roughly 1700 pilots. 85% of our revenue comes from United. Don't think we will expand any of our Delta ops - we did buy back our AC Jet operating certificate from Delta so our management has Plan B ready (of which there is much speculation) If United goes under (and it looks more and more like it every day), nobody knows how it will affect furloughs, suffice to say it will be ugly....

If it helps, PSA is accepting ACA furloughs for future class dates in the Dork. I know we are nothing compared to ACA but atleast it gets you off the street.

Just thought I'd pass the word.

J41

The AD on the J41 is in the FDR. The cost for the repair is in the range of about $80,000 or so per aircraft. ACA is deciding if this is going to be cost effective since they will be retiring them soon. As for "plan B", rumor is ACA has been talking to Northwest and Jet Blue. We'll see.

"Takeoff/Takeoff ALTS armed...TCAS..."

Latest resources

Back