• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Abx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just heard that RIV flying is continuing routed to LAX this week and next, at least. No reopening date for RIV determined at this point is the word.

In January, I think this is a net of 2 less DC9's. YVR covered PDX, BOI covered SFO and they didn't need RIV-LAX-RIV. They still needed the PDX airplane for ANC. I don't know if they've been running MHR-LAX (767) or not.

Last edited:
I've also heard, just in last few days, that this ANA thing is a done deal. The way I heard it its with airplanes not currently in our pipeline, 767-300s. How we're gonna gear up that many 767 crews fast is beyond me. Heard we're looking at using a 2nd sim, probably Denver again.

as per our ops specs, we are already permitted to use United as a 767 training facility...wonder why thats in there?

This would not matter with respect to hotels (I hope), but American style meals might well exceed the perdiem.

Luckily the pac-rim per diem is about $84/day so that would help.

The info that I've heard is that we provide the airplanes and it would start with two. Roughly 15 crews, a few more F/Os and a few less Capt's due to IRO trips.

The info that I've heard is that we provide the airplanes and it would start with two.
It’ll be interesting to see whose airplanes get used, assuming it happens.

On the one hand, using their airplanes would get more 767 pilots on our roster faster. Not have to wait till we get more of our own airplanes thru mod. OTOH, whenever the contract goes away, we’ll have too many 767 pilots than we’ll need for our own fleet. Furloughs may become more routine.

One the one hand, using their airplanes leaves more of our own 767s available to commit to DHL. OTOH, I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Good to have a bigger presence in the DHL network, but I also like growing the charter side… less dependence on DHL. Still don’t trust em, I guess.

It would be nice to have some of our own airplanes committed to ANA. Could be the beginning of a growing long term operation. ANA is great company; we’ve had an excellent corporate relationship with them since we bought our first 767s from them ten years ago. They take much better care of their airplanes than some of the US carriers we’ve bought 767s from.

On a related note, it’s going to be real interesting where these five 767s that are yet to be delivered this year end up; in the DHL network or not, and what color they come out of the paint shop.

Just some thoughts to toss around.

It’ll be interesting to see whose airplanes get used, assuming it happens.

On the one hand, using their airplanes would get more 767 pilots on our roster faster. Not have to wait till we get more of our own airplanes thru mod. OTOH, whenever the contract goes away, we’ll have too many 767 pilots than we’ll need for our own fleet. Furloughs may become more routine.

One the one hand, using their airplanes leaves more of our own 767s available to commit to DHL. OTOH, I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Good to have a bigger presence in the DHL network, but I also like growing the charter side… less dependence on DHL. Still don’t trust em, I guess.

It would be nice to have some of our own airplanes committed to ANA. Could be the beginning of a growing long term operation. ANA is great company; we’ve had an excellent corporate relationship with them since we bought our first 767s from them ten years ago. They take much better care of their airplanes than some of the US carriers we’ve bought 767s from.

On a related note, it’s going to be real interesting where these five 767s that are yet to be delivered this year end up; in the DHL network or not, and what color they come out of the paint shop.

Just some thoughts to toss around.

I can't believe you still don't trust them.

If anything noteworthy is discussed at the 1Q membership meeting tonight, an update would be appreciated!

Latest resources

Back