Abx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bitter:

Don't forget the impending plague of frogs and the soon-to-be opening of a hole in the Wilmington ozone layer which will precipitate crop failure, mutations and many furloughs as the aging airframes disintegrate under the onslaught of unchecked ultraviolet radiation.

Last edited:
This is absolutely NOT true. Check your rumors before posting Eric, I had more faith in you than that. In fact Dasburg still wants concessions with nothing in return. This is why the MEC is not happen nor is the pilot group. Full pay til last day is what I say.....

The info came from an Astar pilot.

I did id it as a rumor vs fact.

ANA is a done deal? Which way did it go? Not sarcastic questions; been off for a few days.

This is 2nd hand info. Rumor. As in ABX has a 5 year deal. Initially 4 A/C and 15 crews + set up and operate a sort for them.

ana

Not sure if it is a done deal, but they have group of exec's here at ILN today meeting with the brass....

Not sure if it is a done deal, but they have group of exec's here at ILN today meeting with the brass....

Thanks for the update! Nice to have someone there in the daytime! I only see the sun over ILN twice a year (LOFT & recurrent); and maybe not even then (famous Ohio weather)!

My understanding of this deal is that ANA is supplying the aircraft. ANA is converting some of their 767-300's to freighters. These are aircraft about which ABX had an "understanding" with ANA at one time: if ANA had decided to sell the aircraft we had first dibs on them. ANA also has aircraft on order for this venture.

Just to recap: ANA has decided to start it's own cargo service (previously they had an arrangement with NCA for cargo). In addition, Japan Post is getting into express delivery and ANA is providing air service for them. I think they already have an airplane or two flying, but 2007 is the year they're really ramping it up. I think the main hub will be Narita. If you look at Hawaii Air Crew Services website they are advertising for crews for this operation.

If DHL continues to run the sh*thole how they have been running it BIG H should have no problem finding 4 a/c and 15 crews. Even if he didn't have them right now, why would he leave any 76s with DHL and their lousy mark up? I'm sure ana pays more than 1.75%.

To bad dipsh*tberg can't figure things out! Maybe Mr. H can give him some tutoring?

Good luck boys, I'm off to the resume machine.:pimp:

"...Initially 4 A/C and 15 crews": Where does Joe find 4 A/C and 15 crews? We're already short of what we need on the 76.

I hope we do get it, even though I'm not sure I want to fly it. The rumors I hear about scheduling don't really appeal. I'm not much interested in being away from home for 30 days at a crack, even if I get the next 30 off. Also, folks I know who've been to Japan (not all aviation related) tell me it's very expensive to "live" there if you try to live like an American. This would not matter with respect to hotels (I hope), but American style meals might well exceed the perdiem.

"...Initially 4 A/C and 15 crews": Where does Joe find 4 A/C and 15 crews? We're already short of what we need on the 76.

The ex Delta A/C. Not all have been delivered. I think we have 4 more coming in fairly short order. Crews are another matter. Can you say junior man?

Latest resources

Back