• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Abx?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you think anyone would actually bid it? Or can I plan on being junior manned into it?

Anybodys guess. I for one would not want to go through that torture to only be on the aircraft for 5 months and then get surplussed back to the same aircraft I just came out of and go through more training.

Oh wait....almost forgot about that highly coveted SIC type rating! :pimp:

Last edited:
There will be some who will bid it for the pay raise. Probably guys who live near ILN so they're home during training.

I talked to two 9 FOs that already plan to go back to the 8 they figure the a/c will be around for a while might even end up back in MIA.

When did you hear this? We (nwa freight dogs) knew we would lose our lovely ILN layover but thought it would be in 08 when the contract is up. We figured we would be replaced with Polar. Are you saying this is happening in the near future, because ILN is at least in our May bid packages?? Going to miss the BW3, Damons, Kroger, and last but not least Tractor supply:)

cobra, we have to keep our ears to the ground here or we usually don't hear anything, change without notice is the order of the day in the DHL world. So there hasn't been any official notice and I don't think the trip is on our May bid.

There was a reference in our latest union/company scheduling committee minutes to a 767 ANC trip being "postponed up to 4 weeks". Like most pilots, I hadn't heard anything about an ANC trip to begin with. abxdx posted about replacing NW and he has always had good info. DHL has been on a major push to cut costs on the air side, I assume the 767 would be cheaper than the 747 (plus the PDX-ANC DC9). Since the DHL consolidation we frequently bid trips that change or go away. I'm sure our PDX-ANC trip will be on our May bid, also.

Nothing that earth shattering. Many calls were not taken due to lack of time. Many people were not happy with: 1. proposed pay rates 2. 23 day blocks in Japan 3. lack of tiered vacation 4. rampant open time.

Anyone heard any numbers on the size of next week's mega-bid? Supposed to take the 76 through September.

Latest resources

Back