• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Recalling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great news for those recalled. Hope there are more to come!

How many of each of the 767s and DC-9s are active, and is there a longer term plan for the DC-9s? How many crews on each after the recall?

Thanks, abx, that's pretty much what I thought for the DC-9s, but had gotten the impression somewhere that a few were still in use.

Wow. That many picking up overtime while people are on furlough? Classy!:rolleyes: That kind of, um, "crosses a line"?

It happens at every airline. There will always be some selfish individuals who don't give a damn and look at the opportunity as a cash cow for them.

What is more unfortunate is that everyone jumps up and down and voices disgust at the practice and nothing gets done or changes.

That said, great news about recalls and lets hope this is a trend amongst all carriers with guys/girls on the street.

For the few that are getting recalled, this may be good news (if it lasts). But, make no mistake, there is no upswing in business necessitating more crews, rather the ineptitude of management cutting too many too fast. The fact is there will still be HUNDREDS (60%+) of ABX pilots on permanent furlough.

For the few that are getting recalled, this may be good news (if it lasts). But, make no mistake, there is no upswing in business necessitating more crews, rather the ineptitude of management cutting too many too fast. The fact is there will still be HUNDREDS (60%+) of ABX pilots on permanent furlough.

Not quite true ABX has picked up DEN,SLC and are waiting for more mod aircraft for HRL and JFK it seems as if as ABX gets a aircraft back from mod a new city is made available and and a ASTAR 8 is parked.

I stand by what I said.

"The fact is there will still be HUNDREDS (60%+) of ABX pilots on permanent furlough."

Not as many as there will be Astar pilots, as soon as your leadership finishes giving Hete the concessions he wants. Nice job on "holding the line". ;)

Sorry didn't realize we were discussing ASTAR. No holding or not holding for me, I haven't received a paycheck since February, how about you?

Latest resources

Back