• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Recalling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry ABX, I meant to quote nite. I'll be gone Mar. 06. I'd be pretty surprised if we last past Christmas.

I stand by what I said.

"The fact is there will still be HUNDREDS (60%+) of ABX pilots on permanent furlough."

You also said no new bussiness! I think everyone agrees with the DHL bussiness gone ABX will never have 650+ pilots on the list no mater how bad our management is that will not change. So your point is?

You also said no new bussiness! I think everyone agrees with the DHL bussiness gone ABX will never have 650+ pilots on the list no mater how bad our management is that will not change. So your point is?

His point is DHL is a great company you can count on. Each day is a new adventure, it could be your first or last....what a way to live! Been gone two months.............hallelujah you can have it, AMEN! Already quite a spectacle the Nazis have going in CVG and will be fun to see what happens over the next few years. There are plans to abandon CVG like ILN should things continue downward for DHL. UPS or FDX perhaps? Still losing 600 million (est from inside connection). Will be a great day when they are gone. It is nice to LIVE again.

My point was, many of the posters were making comments like "great" and "awesome" and "trend" as if there might be some big reversal of the bad news and misery; no such luck, the recall is but a blip on the radar due to too many cuts too fast.

My point was, many of the posters were making comments like "great" and "awesome" and "trend" as if there might be some big reversal of the bad news and misery; no such luck, the recall is but a blip on the radar due to too many cuts too fast.

How about we separate fact and personal opinion. Like a$$holes everyone has one. Mine is the deal has already been inked. I agree the cuts were too deep made by an idiot who is now gone, but the bottom line really is there has been an increase in flying by DHL and a request for more increases. HRL, ATL both have postings for mechanics. JFK is also supposed to get a 2nd 767 that is my point. Dicked up?, sure but it is DHL/ABX and we are in contract negotiations.

Negotiations? Now that's a joke! You mean concessions.

You have been sitting in on our talks? How did "holding the line" work out for you? Every US carrier "operating more than 4 aircraft" including UPS and FDX have taken some kind of hit. I think being the highest paid ACMI carrier in this market is not going to suck you evidently do. I do not think I would like to trade places with you but you can say you held the line right up until you lost your job.I asked my family if we should hold out or keep sleeping under our roof and buying groceries, they all agreed they like having a roof over our head instead of sleeping in our truck! Call me crazy.

You have been sitting in on our talks? How did "holding the line" work out for you? Every US carrier "operating more than 4 aircraft" including UPS and FDX have taken some kind of hit. I think being the highest paid ACMI carrier in this market is not going to suck you evidently do. I do not think I would like to trade places with you but you can say you held the line right up until you lost your job.I asked my family if we should hold out or keep sleeping under our roof and buying groceries, they all agreed they like having a roof over our head instead of sleeping in our truck! Call me crazy.

Not that I give a rip anymore about this stuff, but it seems to me that some of you folks chastised us quite a bit about "holding the line". Which we did. So now naturally, it's ok for the 1224 to engage in massive givebacks that are directly related to securing DHL flying. 'Cause they are going to shut you down if you don't. That's what they told us, too. But we don't have newer a/c like you do. It's not "racing to the bottom" if you do it. Don't even bother to say that it isn't, because it is in your own hotlines, and in the ABX infolines as well. GMAFB. You are negotiating concessions with yourself. Hvy, out.

Not that I give a rip anymore about this stuff, but it seems to me that some of you folks chastised us quite a bit about "holding the line". Which we did. So now naturally, it's ok for the 1224 to engage in massive givebacks that are directly related to securing DHL flying. 'Cause they are going to shut you down if you don't. That's what they told us, too. But we don't have newer a/c like you do. It's not "racing to the bottom" if you do it. Don't even bother to say that it isn't, because it is in your own hotlines, and in the ABX infolines as well. GMAFB. You are negotiating concessions with yourself. Hvy, out.

IF you do not give a rip why respond? "You guys" had the misfortune of flying a fleet of old junk.It would not mater if you if "hold the line " like you love to spout or worked for free your fleet and the Daz. put you out of business that will not change.

Latest resources

Back