• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX now accepting applications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Furloughed guys are taking bypasses. Everyone has there own reasons, but according to most that are there, it is not the same ABX we where hired on to. Schedules are tougher and having your schedule changed is more the norm. Pay is still good though.

We...in my humble opinion are still one of the best ACMI carriers out there. One reason is our Union and contract. ABX pilots gave up alot to keep the company going on its last contract....in doing so we went from around 12-14 aircraft we as a pilot group operate to around 25. With more coming and new routes in the works. We still have lots of growing pains and issues with management as to contract interpretation but show me an airline that does not! Our union works very hard on our behalf and they are relentless on protecting our rights even as the wheels of progress turn slow. We are working 17 days a month vs 15, but new contract after 6 JRM's per year you get the pay and the day back vs 3 per mo or 36 per year before you get the day besides the pay. Usually lots of overtime if you are interested. Not sure hat base pay new-hire is APC has all that info. Every FO on property is at 12 year pay 115K, CPT pay is 160K. I would be surprised if we had any captains make less than 200K. I flew with 1 that said it was his most ever 345k. Schedules are mixed 8 on 8 off etc or full 17 on for the Europe and Asia flying.

Will the Capital guys getting furloughed right now have first rights to the ABX pilot jobs being advertised? Ahead of new hires off the street? Just wondering.

Will the Capital guys getting furloughed right now have first rights to the ABX pilot jobs being advertised? Ahead of new hires off the street? Just wondering.

The short answer is no....Capital just signed a new contract and did not seek that provision in their last contract. 1224 had hoped all 3 carriers under the ATSG umbrella would have it but nether ATI or Capital saw any value in that. Now they are both downsizing.

What where they thinking ?

PHXFLYR
They were thinking if they accepted less pay on their new contract all the flying would come their way. Therefore no real value in a provision that forced any ATSG carrier that was hiring to give them preferential hiring....which in effect would prevent whipsawing back and forth. Very short sighted. Again IMHO.

The sooner ATI and Cappy realize that they are dealing with Uncle Joe the better we as a group will be. Welcome to the last 12+ years of my life of dealing with a management team that will cost the company money if it will hurt the union even a little bit.

What where they thinking ?
PHXFLYR
I have no dog in that fight but maybe since ABX had hundreds of pilots on furlough while they were negotiating, they didnt see much value in giving anything up for preferential hiring there.

Once again we see how things change rapidly in this business. Hind sight is 20/20.

Good for ABX for hiring and good luck to the ATI and Cappy pilots. I hope ABX hires many of them anyway.

Latest resources

Back