• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Hiring!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If DHL pulls out it might be great news for ABX. DHL pays a lot, F.U the system, then sells it back to Hete for a fraction of the original price. ABX ran it well before, we can run it again. Our previous shortcomings were lack of marketing, creativity and capital. These issues would need to be resolved. The question for Astar is whether Hete can do it just with CHI or if he needs more lift...(i.e. would he dump the current CHI customer base just to get the whole DHL pie.)

There'd almost have to be other things going on under the table, since CHI's customer base, BAX Global, is still quite large and lucrative. If DHL were to pull out entirely as a system, I'd guess UPS and FedEx would do their best to pick up as much of it as they could, which might very well leave a good chunk of the rest of us in the lurch. Whatever's left would be divvied up between Astar and ABX. Geez - maybe BAX is looking to expand? Who knows????

I tend to think that DHL will not, rather cannot pull out of the US. Here's my reasoning. UPS and Fedex are predominantly growing their international freight, thats were most of their growth has come from for several years now. DHL is still the largest company internationally. If they give up on the US, they will be out of business in a matter of years. Their only chance of continuing is eventually getting the US on track and leveraging their international position to growing the US. Sooner rather than later, UPS and Fedex will be viable alternatives to DHL in the rest of the world.

I do like the previous thread about ABX taking back DHL's biz in the US, though. Maybe they would sell us the biz and sign on as a "code-share partner" so to speak?

I tend to think that DHL will not, rather cannot pull out of the US. Here's my reasoning. UPS and Fedex are predominantly growing their international freight, thats were most of their growth has come from for several years now. DHL is still the largest company internationally. If they give up on the US, they will be out of business in a matter of years. Their only chance of continuing is eventually getting the US on track and leveraging their international position to growing the US. Sooner rather than later, UPS and Fedex will be viable alternatives to DHL in the rest of the world.

I do like the previous thread about ABX taking back DHL's biz in the US, though. Maybe they would sell us the biz and sign on as a "code-share partner" so to speak?

Oh man would I LOVE to be Airborne Express again. Even if it does mean we are hauling yellow boxes.

It may be too much to ask, but we always have a nice empty HUB and Sort collecting dust in DAY.:D

If DHL pulls out it might be great news for ABX. DHL pays a lot, F.U the system, then sells it back to Hete for a fraction of the original price.

More realistically, take a look at ABX stock. With all this talk of restructuring ABX's stock is now trading around $3.50. If DHL announces any reduction of ABX flying or reduction of ground services, that number will go lower. Makes that $7.75 offer from Astar look really attractive to the shareholders.

No crystal ball here but it looks like ABX is headed for a buyout.

If DHL is to cease operations in USA, many of the people talking around this forum will be looking for jobs

More realistically, take a look at ABX stock. With all this talk of restructuring ABX's stock is now trading around $3.50. If DHL announces any reduction of ABX flying or reduction of ground services, that number will go lower. Makes that $7.75 offer from Astar look really attractive to the shareholders.

No crystal ball here but it looks like ABX is headed for a buyout.

Quite possible, and you can say that Astar is headed for a buyout as well. ABX has been buying and growing, while Astar....well you know. But keep trying to stir the pot there rotor, if you wish. And about your avitar, I can see why you are single, but doubt disease free. :bomb: later, :pimp:

If DHL is to cease operations in USA, many of the people talking around this forum will be looking for jobs

You are right, many many people will be hurt by that.

Quite possible, and you can say that Astar is headed for a buyout as well. ABX has been buying and growing, while Astar....well you know. But keep trying to stir the pot there rotor, if you wish. And about your avitar, I can see why you are single, but doubt disease free. :bomb: later, :pimp:

No "stirring the pot", just looking at the situation. ABX stock has been way down, and any bad news will cause it to go down even more. Sorry, that's just a fact of life.

Astar made an offer of $7.75/share for ABX. Right now many shareholders would like to see that offer restarted.

As far as Astar, it's a private owned company heavily backed by DHL. And while you may see nothing going on at the surface, there is alot happening behind the scenes. The advantage of privately held companies is no reporting.

As a final note, yes the propaganda machine is in full tilt at Astar. There are contract negotiations going on and this is the norm, just ask the 1224 guys, they have been through the same.

Latest resources

Back