• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Hiring!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is the language on the DHL contract for outside work a problem also? With the recent court stuff with DHL etc it seems like ABX is really close to the maximum on outside of DHL flying. -batfish

I guess that would depend on how the ACMI is set up. If work were added to the ACMI then it would increase the total amount of outside work ABX could do. Also, does ABX Air hold the ACMI, or was it transferred to ABX Holding, Inc. In the latter case, then you would have to know if the work done by CHI, as a subsidiary of ABX Holding, counted toward the 10% outside work allowed under the ACMI. I haven't seen the ACMI, so don't have the answers. At a guess, the ACMI didn't contemplate the recent purchase of CHI and formation of ABX Holding.

Can you say "ongoing dispute"?

1st year pay

For KIX, OUCH!! What do they give you for housing and medical, a box and a first aid kit? Talk about dragging down the bar to work internationally. Guess you could get the type, a few hundred hrs and move on to someone interested in paying you though.

Thanks for the info.

Well when I taxied out from KIX this PM there where two nice looking ships white a big Abx on the side(with small ANA cargo markings too).

The only thing "set in stone" is what's in our current contract. The company has made some promises for housing pay ($3000/mo), education pay for the kids ($12,000), coach tickets to the US every six months, etc. but they also promised 2nd year pay for new-hires in KIX and that disappeared just as any of these other promises could.

The only thing "set in stone" is what's in our current contract. The company has made some promises for housing pay ($3000/mo), education pay for the kids ($12,000), coach tickets to the US every six months, etc. but they also promised 2nd year pay for new-hires in KIX and that disappeared just as any of these other promises could.

Well that helps a bit. Thanks for the additional info.

At min you should be paid what the contract company's pay in Japan otherwise you will be living in rather poorly I suspect.

Then you might want to seek employment from the Contract Companies, because ABX won't care what they pay. Right now, even those who bid the Captain slots can't actually move themselves (much less their families) to Japan as the Company has yet to figure out how to get Visas for them.

As far as anything "set in stone", in a manner of speaking it is, unfortunately it's a stone sunk at the bottom of the Laurentian Trench.

Don't need a job thanks just wanted to remind folks that although the Japanese people love Disney, Japan is not Disneyland. In fact a contract crew I talked to in NRT recently told me their company as having trouble getting visas and many of the new contracts required you to commute.

My impression is that it has been standard practice for contract crews to work on visitor visas. Several crewmembers that I have talked to said that obtaining a resident alien visa was not an option under their contract.

I know that ABX is working on visas for KIX. Whether there will be difficulties remains to be seen.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back