• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HUH ? What did I miss ? Astar is parking all the 72's by the 18th but everything is normal. Does that mean all 72 crews are staying on payrol thru 2010 ? Seems to me thats gonna turn into a senior airplane real quick.

We negotiated a 2 year no furlough clause in which the clock on that started started March 6'th 2008. If we are successful in defending that clause it will expire on March 6'th 2010. At the moment everyone is frozen in place.

We negotiated a 2 year no furlough clause in which the clock on that started started March 6'th 2008. If we are successful in defending that clause it will expire on March 6'th 2010. At the moment everyone is frozen in place.

So all the 72 crews are going to be sitting home drawing a paycheck ? what a sweet deal.

HUH ? What did I miss ? Astar is parking all the 72's by the 18th but everything is normal. Does that mean all 72 crews are staying on payrol thru 2010 ? Seems to me thats gonna turn into a senior airplane real quick.

And as the flying is going away do you think they are going to allow crews to rebid to differant aircraft to draw pay and not work? Do you actually work for an airline, and have any idea how they operate?

So the DC-9 fleet is parked on January and they want their planes back in ILN. Most of the 9 guys live in 9 cities, so HTF are you going to get home?? No company airline tickets are being provided, so do you plan to walk, hitch hike or grey hound?

If none of these options works for you, perhaps another option is to fly outbound on the 10th, call in sick and jumpseat home while you still have privileges. The same holds true for you 76 guys who live in DC-9 cities...how are you getting home or to work?

I heard the 9s were going to the parking lot that is ROW.

ROW it is, they are flying on there almost every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I think.

And as the flying is going away do you think they are going to allow crews to rebid to differant aircraft to draw pay and not work? Do you actually work for an airline, and have any idea how they operate?

well thats what was said. Parking all the72s by the end of this month, but everyone is paid through to 2010. I dont know if anyone is allowed to rebid. I figured knowing how pilots operate you would see a lot of senior guys trying to bid the 72 so they can sit and not work or at least start looking for a lower paying job while they are drawing pay.

Sweet deal? I think most would rather keep flying and have a job going forward than just get a paycheck!

It is a sweet deal if you know your going to have to look for a job. At least the guys that are on the 72 have the ability of getting a job while supplementing the paycheck with an extra one from astar.

kinda of strange how Astar isn't letting anyone go. Since they depend 100% on DHL feed, while ABX has other customers and options. And they're the ones furloughing.

Latest resources

Back