• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kinda of strange how Astar isn't letting anyone go. Since they depend 100% on DHL feed, while ABX has other customers and options. And they're the ones furloughing.

I don't think it's strange at all. I haven't seen anything about ABX furloughing out of seniority. If they are, my bad. As I've mentioned before on this board, our Flight Training Dept. is very small. There is no way they could train and furlough in seniority for something of this magnetude. It's cheaper for them to just pay everyone in seat here till it is time to turn out the lights. Which by all accounts is June 09 at best. They know based on past experience with us that we'd have them in court in a heartbeat for a TRO if they tried giving guys the boot out of seniority. And we'd win it. While we do have it in our current CBA that there will be no furloughs till 03/10, given DHL's track record since DPWN bought them out I have no expectations that they will do so. Sorry for intruding on an ABX thread guys. Good luck to all.

Latest resources

Back