• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe they make a lot of announcements in the hope that it will cause panic in the pilot group and we will pressure the e-board to settle on some assinine contract provisions the company puts forth.

negotiations 101.

Looks like as of the 11th ABX is out of the DC-9 biz...

Anyone want to buy 55 old DC-9's?

Yes. All our 727's are scheduled to be parked by the 18th, I believe. We're ferrying 4 to CVG every week now.

It kills me, we are hurrying to furlough or surplus everycrewmember at abxair to please the massa, dhl. meanwhile, at astar things are going as normal, and oh btw you guys get paid thru 2010...........wtfo

It kills me, we are hurrying to furlough or surplus everycrewmember at abxair to please the massa, dhl. meanwhile, at astar things are going as normal, and oh btw you guys get paid thru 2010...........wtfo

I'm glad you think parking over half our fleet is normal. We negotiated pay to 2010 as part of our last contract. Collecting it of course will probably be another cluster.

I'm sure there will be enough pain to go around. In this crappy situation there are those who have and those who will. Sorry to all.

HUH ? What did I miss ? Astar is parking all the 72's by the 18th but everything is normal. Does that mean all 72 crews are staying on payrol thru 2010 ? Seems to me thats gonna turn into a senior airplane real quick.

Latest resources

Back