• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Furlough Notices Sent Out Today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think in a few years 65 will be a moot point, but for many peoples careers now it has forced them to reevaluate (those on the top, bottom and middle). Those who have been in the industry 30+ years have seen the cycles again and again and so you would think they would have planned for this one also(even though everyone of them catches you off guard because it happens so fast).
But like those picking up overtime while people are on furlough, this runs along the same lines.
I don't think 65 is bad (nice for people to have the option of 5 more years) it just got implemented at a time when the industry didn't really need it and it's negatively affecting others.
My point wasn't anybody is entitled to anything, but that sometimes you need to balance your checkbook a little. Doing that simple act could go farther then you probably realize.
Unless of course your a politician on your days off, then just spend away and take from others later in taxes, the public starts to catch on, just fire the auditor.

Irony of the age 60 rule change

I don't think 65 is bad (nice for people to have the option of 5 more years) it just got implemented at a time when the industry didn't really need it and it's negatively affecting others.
My point wasn't anybody is entitled to anything, but that sometimes you need to balance your checkbook a little. Doing that simple act could go farther then you probably realize.

Wasn’t this pushed through due to a pilot shortage?

I really get sick of hearing about a pilot or mechanic shortage as I have been hearing this for 30 plus years.

Also, the early retirements will come… when the pay is cut in half.

Wrong. I got my seat while the company was expanding. I also got it "out of seniority" because I bid for upgrade at every opportunity while others decided they would rather stay in the right seat, live in a termination point, and get the schedule they wanted.

Someone still had to retire at 60.

And you will get yours when someone turns 65... and someone will get theirs when you turn 65 or whaever it is then...

And how do you know anyone will get a seat when someone retires at 65? The guys who missed it now may never get one as our airline is going T.U.

Latest resources

Back