ABX Air to Acquire CHI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any ATI guys........

I have a few questions if you can help answer. Not really that important, just trying to figure a few things out in my head.

1. when did CHI buy the 767's?
2. who did they buy them from?
3. what is powering them?
4. I heard CHI is dumping the boeing conversion for the IAI conversion. Do you know when that decision was made?

same for the one 757, too.

Thanks for your help!

The DAZ has already played those cards. It's to late for threats, we grow tired and wouldn't listen with a gun to our heads. We are at the end game with only one issue to resolve. Trust me , there will be no concessions. The numbers will soon be released on the money DHL sunk in to lil ol ASSTAr. Rumour has it in the 200 million range. 20 Boeings = only 20 million. It seems Hete has read your contract. This is far from over which is obvious, it's impossible to guess.

Boxes,

Any truth to the rumor that the CAT II conversion of ya'lls aircraft has been stopped?

It would be really hard to get another certiicate approved to operate out of Japan. The JAB will not even let ABX add the third aircraft at this time. It took an act of God just to get approval for Abx to run the two aircraft now!

Polar anyone???

Somethin' 'bout 6 new frequencies awared to their certificate???

Hi!

Polar/Atlas IS hiring.

cliff
YIP

Any ATI guys........

I have a few questions if you can help answer. Not really that important, just trying to figure a few things out in my head.

1. when did CHI buy the 767's?
2. who did they buy them from?
3. what is powering them?
4. I heard CHI is dumping the boeing conversion for the IAI conversion. Do you know when that decision was made?

same for the one 757, too.

Thanks for your help!

Can't really answer those questions, other than I understand that there was some contention with the Boeing mod, and that we wanted Pratt-powered airplanes. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to hear that at least #4 is true. Regardless, we were promised a jet on the ramp about this time last year. We aren't even close as we speak. Maybe this new relationship will light a fire under the collective arses involved and we can get these planes back in the air where they belong.

Regarding Shooter's comment on why ATI and Cappy never consolidated, we are really two different companies with entirely different ops specs. The only real consolidation that might have made sense would have been to combine operations management to save a bit on personnel and maybe facilities costs. Our certificates, though, are far from interchangeable. I can see it happening sometime down the road, but at least until now, there really wasn't any need to do it. It will certainly be interesting to see how we (crewdogs, mx, pretty much everyone...) as pawns are played out now. In all honesty, I'm hopeful for a brighter future for us all!

Last edited:
b707guy, thanks for the response. I am sure it will work out well for all involved. Looks like growth and diversity are key with all 5 companies including the 3 airlines under the new ABX Holdings. And all are looking bright if this passes the government mustard. Who knows how it will look in 2 years, but it should be large with a future mapped out.

Hi!

So it's Capital Air Cargo, ATI and ABX all owned by ABX Holdings???

Does CAT fit into this somewhere?

cliff
YIP

Looks like growth and diversity are key with all 5 companies including the 3 airlines under the new ABX Holdings.

Ok, I see the three airlines under ABX Holdings, but what are the other two companies? Are they really companies or just shell holding companies for the airlines?

Latest resources

Back