ABX Air to Acquire CHI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AV8OR,
Kidding you, no not kidding you. And what would I be kidding you about? Can you tell me what would be wrong about getting the 3 airlines under one roof and one contract? Love the little "kettle,pot" analogy though. Very creative, wrong in this case,but creative.

SM,

I'd listen to the conference call regarding the CHI purchase. Anytime a CEO talks about "Cost Synergies", it's not good for employees. According to Fox/Hete, there is no intention of merging the companies. All 3 operate separately. If that is their intention, your chances of getting a "one roof one contract" are exactly zero. I think it sucks, but that's the way it is. Welcome to DHL world.

I know hvy, I heard that over and over as well during the call. Time will tell. We just have to hope that the money spent on our scope attorney was worth it and somehow he managed to weave a little strength into the contract language pertaining to these matters.

mgmt can say all they want about how they are going to run things, they say things all the time. Anyone else think this is going to play big on the contract front?

We just have to hope that the money spent on our scope attorney was worth it and somehow he managed to weave a little strength into the contract language pertaining to these matters.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha..................

OK, that was good for a laugh.......Keep 'em coming!

Well, unfortunately, the scope clause may not cover this type of acquisition. In a way, ABX was also just sold/bought because it is now owned by a holding company, which also bought two more airlines. As long as the three operational companies stay separate, there is no scope grievance. Now if any of the airlines are merged within, or work/contracts get moved around, then the games begin.

Yes, but then DHL did actually BUY your freight. They bought your freight. Airborne sold it's freight. Airborne freight ceased to exist. Airborne freight became DHL freight.

And in a simultaneous wink of the eye, hey presto - DHL Airways by a cunning act of corporate sorcery gets flung into the ACMI void to subsequently rise from the ashes as Astar. In one swift move the scope claim to carry said freight becomes a mute point.

Bottom line coming here is, Astar pilots are bas***ds for filing a scope grievance against DHL protecting their claim on DHL freight, but if 1224 does it claiming ABX holding's freight, it'll be fully justifiable by 1224 standards. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.

Being a bit hard on yourselves there. You're not *Astar*s, just a little backward about making friends and influencing people. You'd have thought we had mutual interests tied up in this, it's honestly regrettable that the failing union you're affiliated with couldn't rise to the occasion. I,and I sincerely believe the majority of the ABX group, will be disappointed if 1224 follows a similar path. Such opportunities aren't to be spoiled by infighting. There's plenty of freight for everyone and division between the players simply results in a net gain for management at the expense of the employees.

TWA,
The scope section specifically addresses a holding company transaction via definitions of affiliate. I am no lawyer but it is my understanding that provisions were drawn up for exactly this type of scenario.

TWA,
The scope section specifically addresses a holding company transaction via definitions of affiliate. I am no lawyer but it is my understanding that provisions were drawn up for exactly this type of scenario.

SM,

Last one on this, as the Colts/Pats game is about to start. Our scope language was even tighter than yours is. And our case was more straightforward. See where we are? Welcome to DHL world.

TWA,

In that case, please disregard everything I just said. Thanks!

Bottom line coming here is, Astar pilots are bas***ds for filing a scope grievance against DHL protecting their claim on DHL freight, but if 1224 does it claiming ABX holding's freight, it'll be fully justifiable by 1224 standards. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it.
AV8OR has done a great job lately of showing us all the narrow-minded arrogance of ALPA 017.

They see the only solution to a scope grievance is to file injunctions to shut down the other airline and take their jobs. The only people on here claiming thats what we'll do is Astar pilots. Not one ABX pilot has.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back