Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kittyhawk1048

The Judge
ABX Air in ILN is hiring for a dispatcher if you are looking for a new job THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO FIND IT......PM ME for DETAILS

If you think that you are at a bad airline this place is worse I left there about 2 years ago I HAVE ALL THE SCOOP PM before you apply

http://www.abxair.com/public/jobs/index.htm

Whats Up?

Just Curious On Your Indepth Knowledge Of Abx's Dispatcher Jobs. I Will Be On Flightinfo Again Tonight 5/28 At 200am. So I Will Pm You Then.

There is nothing wrong with ABX! Pay is decent compared to Shuttle America or any of the other regionals. I am curious to know how somebaody can judge an airline after only working there for a few months, and only working a desk for a few weeks.

I have a couple of things to say about this posting….
  1. The job is for a Tower Controller NOT a Flight Dispatcher. ABX Flight Control mans the control tower in KILN and they are in the same job pool as the Dispatchers. If you read the post you need the CTO certificate.
  2. I have worked at a few airlines in my career as a Dispatcher and none were perfect. ABX does have some problems, but nothing that is so bad you would say it’s a bad place to work.
  3. Based off my past airline experience only; ABX has the best Mx program I have ever worked with so the aircraft are clean the majority of the time. The Pilots are some of the best in the industry and a great group to work with. The training at ABX is better than any other I have been through. The pay could be better, especially for the hours we have to work, but is definitely livable. The Dispatch group is another great group of people to work with.
So basically, It’s a good job. If it was not for you then it was not for you. But to go on this board and bad mouth it is without merit. Talk to the Dispatchers that are working there and they will say the same thing. It could be better, but we all have seen worse.

The Clown

As soon as you get rid of the "Clown" that runs dispatch ABX Air will be a great place to work....He can take some of his supervisors with him when he leaves

shooter said:
I have a couple of things to say about this posting….
  1. The job is for a Tower Controller NOT a Flight Dispatcher. ABX Flight Control mans the control tower in KILN and they are in the same job pool as the Dispatchers. If you read the post you need the CTO certificate.
  2. I have worked at a few airlines in my career as a Dispatcher and none were perfect. ABX does have some problems, but nothing that is so bad you would say it’s a bad place to work.
  3. Based off my past airline experience only; ABX has the best Mx program I have ever worked with so the aircraft are clean the majority of the time. The Pilots are some of the best in the industry and a great group to work with. The training at ABX is better than any other I have been through. The pay could be better, especially for the hours we have to work, but is definitely livable. The Dispatch group is another great group of people to work with.
So basically, It’s a good job. If it was not for you then it was not for you. But to go on this board and bad mouth it is without merit. Talk to the Dispatchers that are working there and they will say the same thing. It could be better, but we all have seen worse.

Well Shooter since you have never worked for ABX Air you have no idea what you are talking about.

1) The ATC controllers are not grouped with the dispatchers hence you cant be a dispatcher and work in the tower w/o a CTO. And the "Clown" is not going to send you to school to get it.

2) I have worked for various carriers as well but I am saying that ABX Air is by far the worse carrier I have ever worked for. Yes all carriers have thier problems but ABX Air is by far the worse.

3) We are talking about Dispatch not MX I can agree with you that ABX Air MX is by far the best around, but dispatch sucks because of the supervisors and the "Clown" that runs that circus up there. Yes thereare some good dispatchers there but the "Clown" ruins them as soon as they come thru the door. So I will continue to warn people of this company. Why dont you go work there and tell me how it is.

I hope you’re just “fishing” KittyHawk.

Your keen observation skills would otherwise keep me wondering about your ability to determine how you judge other peoples abilities, much less the working conditions and environment of a company after you say you “have been gone for 2 years”.

Maybe you should call over to ABX and see if that’s a posting for a Flight Dispatcher or Tower Controller Mr. smart guy. And if you think you can just go out and “get” a CTO, you need more time in aviation. So why should anyone listen to you?

You need at least 1 year 121 Dispatch experience to get a job as a Dispatcher at ABX, yet the posting says you NEED the CTO, but get the Dispatch license within 1 year. Anything else I need to point out to you just let me know. Maybe where your flights are? How to read an MEL? Figure your MTOW available or “whatever”. You just let me know skippy.

By the way, how long did you say you worked for ABX?

Last edited:
Duster

Shooter:
I haven't worked for abx but been dispaching for 6 years now. I know of dispatchers from my office that went on to ABX with less then 1 year exp. also have heard that it wasn't the best place to work. A few came back and a few went on to other things.I believe it takes a good 2 years of dispatching to get the hang of it. I also believe everyone has a right to their opinion and if KittyHawk thinks its a bad experience there then someone who worked their needs to debate the blog. I haven't seen a perfect dispatch office yet, so I assume ABX has some problems like my office does...

If you believe that the best jobs draw the best people then ABX dispatch must be a great place to work. I've flown for ABX 20 years and have zero complaints about our dispatch folks; they're a great group. Especially Bill Mohs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back